Adding oils to a bath really doesn’t need to be completed, you can start by adding a single essential oil to your bath water. Essential oils normally last about 2 years if kept in a cool dark place and you literally only need a few drops so they are very cost effective.
I’ve listed below those that I would recommend as the best singular all rounders that can be used and enjoyed at any time of the year.
- Before adding any oils to the bath make sure you close the bathroom door so that you can keep as much of the scent in the room as possible.
- Add the oils drop by drop and don’t be tempted to add more, working on the theory that adding twice as much will get rid of a headache quicker doesn’t work and may just end up irritating the skin.
- On average you will need about 10 drops per bath, but with some of the stronger smelling oils you will only need 5 drops. Stronger smelling oils include; eucalyptus, peppermint, bay, basil, lime, lemon, thyme, rosemary.
10 Best Essential Oils for the Bath
- Bergamot for depression – 5 drops
- Chamomile for insomnia or itchy skin – 7 drops
- Frankincense for sedative, calming and mood sweetening – 8 drops
- Geranium for relaxing yet uplifting and energizing – 10 drops
- Jasmine for apathy, stress or fatigue – 8 drops
- Lavender positive, soothing and relaxing – 10 drops
- Neroli for hypnotic with antidepressant properties – 8 drops
- Patchouli for energizing and invigorating – 5 drops
- Rose for happiness and pleasure very romantic – 10 drops
- Sandalwood for sensual and mellowing a good aphrodisiac – 8 drops
Borrowed from: The Prosperity Project
Did the three wise men suffer aches and pains from their long camel ride? Luckily, they had frankincense, aka Boswellia, a traditional Ayurvedic medicine for arthritis and joint injuries. In a study published in Alternative and Complementary Therapies, Egyptian researchers gave people with osteoarthritis of the knee Boswellia and turmeric or a placebo. After three months, the herb group showed significantly greater relief from knee swelling.
~Michael Castleman, Natural Health
- Sister Rose’s Cajun Cough Stopper by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- New Moon Wart Cure by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Pumpkin For Your Hair by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Pumpkin Facial Mask for Dry Skin by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Pumpkin Facial Mask For Oily Skin by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Figs – A Cure For What Ails You by shirleytwofeathers - 5 Comments
- Slippery Elm for Pleurisy by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- A Simple Lotion by shirleytwofeathers - 2 Comments
- Cinnamon Cures and Remedies by shirleytwofeathers - 2 Comments
- Ginger and Pineapple for Sore Throat by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment