- 1/2 cup dried peppermint leaves
- 1/4 cup-1/2 cup very finely diced fresh ginger root
- 1/4 cup dried fennel seeds
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups vodka
Put peppermint, ginger and fennel in glass jar and pour over the boiling water until they are just covered. Fill the rest of the jar with vodka and close with air tight lid. Keep in a cool dark place for at least 2-6 weeks, shaking daily. Strain through mesh strainer or cheesecloth and store in dark place in small jars.
For adults up to 1 tsp can be taken straight or in water as needed. For heartburn indigestion or nausea, one dose is usually sufficient, though sometimes a second dose is needed.
In pregnancy, 1/2 tsp in the morning often helps with morning sickness, with additional doses if needed throughout the day.
For children, 10-20 drops is usually enough, or it can be used externally.
This simple tea is probably one of the best for upset tummies and indigestion.
- 1 part chamomile flower
- 1 part dill leaf and seed
- 1 part peppermint leaf
Pour 1 cup of boiling water over 1-2 tsp of mixture of all these herbs. Let it steep 5-10 min. Drink ½ cup of the warm tea before and after meals.
- Slippery Elm for Pleurisy by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- Cinnamon Cures and Remedies by shirleytwofeathers - 2 Comments
- A Simple Lotion by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Ginger and Pineapple for Sore Throat by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Tincture of Lemon Balm by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment