Licorice and Lemon for Coughs
Another old Romany recipe to soothe any cough is made with licorice root, coltsfoot and lemon. Simmer 1 oz of licorice root in 3 pints of water till it is reduced to 1 pint. Put 1 oz of coltsfoot and a sliced lemon into a jug and add the decoction. Stir well, sweeten with honey, allow to get cold, then drink as required.
One Response to Licorice and Lemon for Coughs
Leave a Reply
- Sharon from Cleveland, Ohio: Egg White Cough Cure
- Vagabond Witch: Soapwort Shampoo
- Jack Sanchez: Licorice and Lemon for Coughs
- Brenda: Slippery Elm for Bronchitis
- shirleytwofeathers: Figs – A Cure For What Ails You
is there something for COPD? Would licorice and coltsfoot help?