October 22nd is sacred to all deities of the Crossroads eg Hecate, Legba or Ellegua, Lady Elen, Herne and the Queen of Fairie.
Crossroads have always been seen as magical places. They are places where you have a choice, you can change your destination and take an alternative route. They are places where you might meet strangers or uncanny creatures.
At one time Witches and suicides were buried at crossroads, to confuse their spirits and prevent them haunting. And for the same reason public gallows were often put at a crossroads.
Crossroads are where we can sit and observe magical creatures, the fairies, the Wild Hunt, Witches flying to their meetings. Where spells are more potent and offerings can be left for the gods. And it is the place where we can make a commitment to the Old Path of Witchcraft ourselves.
More about crossroads and magick can be found here: Why Crossroads Are Magickal
Source: Raven Corvus
Leave a Reply
- A Traditional Wassail Recipe for Yule by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Ves Heill – Be Healthy by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- The Birth of The Unconquered Sun by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Lighting The Yule Log by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Celebrating The Winter Solstice by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment