Level 1 Reiki
I like to compare the initiation process in Reiki to a vortex of Universal Energy pouring into the crown chakra. At each level of attunement, the vibratory rate is heightened, and you are able to tap into a higher, wider channel of that Universal Energy.
Some may experience this shift immediately, expanded color consciousness, a buzzing or heightened sensitivity in the crown center, or a sense of floating or light headedness. (It is important to remember to remove all jewelry, watches, and barrettes prior to any attunement as metals may create discomfort in the chakra areas.)
In order for the vibratory rate to be raised with each attunement, there has to be a clearing of old patterns and thoughts that inhibit the growth of the consciousness. This clearing takes place in an orderly fashion, proceeding up the axis chakras one by one:
Week one consists of one day each for the chakra center of the root, spleen, solar plexus, heart, throat, third eye, and then the crown.
Week two begins at the root chakra and proceeds day by day up to the crown center.
Week three is a repeat of the other two. (This is the same cycle and procedure for healing acute dis-ease in others. It is best if they are treated for twenty-one days straight to clear the chakras three times each in order to remove old patterns and pain.)
I like to compare this chakra healing (clearing) process to a check mark. When making a check mark, you have to go down before you can go up. This process may prove to be uncomfortable for many people. As the blocks that are preventing your progress are brought forward, they are released by your physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual bodies.
The effects that you may experience are wide spread, and could range from irritability and crying to the inability to eat low vibration foods (like red meat). You may also be unable to tolerate negativity of any ki8nd.
Please keep in mind that this process is detoxifying your life. What you may feel as various degrees of discomfort during the 21 day “clearing” or “cleansing” cycle creates more space for transcendence. You experience a sort of Shaman’s Death, so to speak, to go far beyond the self.
Each attunement is life-altering. I ask that you embrace the 21 day clearing cycle as a glorious opportunity for soul growth. Honor the process and be kind to yourself.
For my sources see: Recommended Reading
Scattered over the surface of an individual’s aura are various power points. These points are areas where a person’s energy varies in density or form, appearing either thicker or thinner than the rest of his or her energy field. Energy can be channeled into these points so the person can experience healing or have his/her consciousness pushed into another reality.
The human aura is actually a complex web of energy fibers. Power points are areas where these fibers intersect or join. By manipulating these points you can rearrange the fibers to adjust the person’s energy field. Moving these fibers can change the person on an emotional, spiritual, or physical level. This in turn can heal a person of physical diseases or emotional turmoil. It can also bring him/her closer to the sacred self.
As with any technique, learning how to sense power spots will take patience and diligence. It is something we learn to do intuitively, not intellectually. You will have to work with a partner.
One person should sit comfortably in a chair while the other person practices locating that person’s power points. To locate your partner’s power points, stand behind the person and relax. Allow yourself to go into a light meditative state. As much as possible release your mind. In order to feel another person’s power points, you must see with your spiritual eyes, you don’t see as much as feel; you sense at a deep level of you being.
After you are relaxed, slowly begin to move your hands over the other person’s body, being sure not to touch the body. Place your hands about six inches from the body and notice how it feels. Place all you attention to the area between your hands and the person’s body. Close your eyes and breathe deeply; let your mind relax.
- What do you see?
- What can you sense?
- Allow your hands to become sensitive to the temperature and texture of the person’s body.
- Move your hands in and out as well as over the surface of the body’s energy field.
- Stay relaxed and breathe deeply.
- Don’t try too hard.
- Simply allow yourself to really feel from deep within your being.
- Instead of thinking with your head, feel with your heart.
- Ask the universe for help in sensing this person’s power points, and let your sacred self guide you.
At first, as you move your hands over a certain spot you may feel a strange pulling or tugging at your hands. This is a power point. It may feel like a slight shift in temperature. A particular spot may feel warmer or cooler. Certain areas may feel sluggish or sticky or you may feel static electricity. Allow yourself to be sensitive to any change in sensations. Trust your inner knowing. Don’t debate it with your mind. If you think it is a power point, it is a power point.
Once you find a power point, ask the person how it feels as you move your hand over it. Without touching the individual, ask him/her where you are working. Both of you then can build the sensitivity. Take turns practicing until you can easily locate at least several points on each other.
The locations of the power points varies from person to person, and from one day to another. Be patient with yourself. Learning how to feel and sense on these levels is a new experience for your mind. You have been trained most of your life to filter out any information you receive from these levels. When you learned to walk as a child, you fell down often. If you had given up, you would still be in your crib or crawling around on your hands and knees. Be patient with yourself. Let yourself learn how to walk through these new levels. Have fun and enjoy the process.
In this exercise, we are going to create a ball of energy.
1) Start as you did with Energy Exercise #1, but when your hands are six inches apart, imagine that you are holding a ball of energy. At first this ball is like and empty bowl, a shell, but your are filling it with the energy between your hands.
2) As you breathe out, imagine that you are blowing out energy, exhaling from your mouth, and also “exhaling” from your palms. This energy helps fill the ball. Feel it fill up. Intend to make the ball thicker and more solid. At first this will feel like you are playing pretend and making it up, but such play-acting is the way energy responds to our thoughts. By acting as if the energy is changing, it does.
3) Once you have a “solid” ball of energy floating between your hands, you can literally play with it. You can make it smaller and more dense. You can stretch it out like taffy. Discover how mutable energy can be, responding to your intent and commands.
4) When done, bring your hands together and imagine you are absorbing the energy. Then wipe off your hands to remove any excess.
Later, as you learn to work more with energy, you can draw more energy from your environment, and not necessarily your own personal energy, to create energy balls. They can then be “charged” with an intention, such as healing, and given to other people, animals, plants, and places to make your magick. You will not be limited to balls of energy, but any shape and size you can imagine. I like to weave energy “webs” of protection around myself and my home. Now that you have a feel for the power of your own personal energy, if you have a partner in this work, or a willing friend or family member, you can discover how your energy interacts with others.
For my sources see: Recommended Reading
The purpose of this exercise is to physically feel some of this spiritual energy that you personally generate. Many students find this easy with a little practice, but others have difficulty because they do not know what to look for.
I feel this energy like a very weak very subtle magnetic repulsion. If you were to take two positive ends of a magnet and try to put them together, you would have some difficulty. The fields of energy offer resistance. Take that feeling and expect something a bit less dramatic or concrete, and you can feel the resistance between your hands. They are not exactly opposing charges, so they do not offer the same kind of resistance as two magnets. Magnets are the way I would describe the feeling.
Since this is individual and subjective, others perceive it as a temperature shift. You could also feel a slight tingle or “pins and needles” sensation, as if you hands are “asleep.” Others feel a pressure or even texture. Everyone feels it differently. Once you feel it, you will be able to manipulate this energy through your will and intent. This is a fundamental building block for magick and psychic development.
1) Hold your hands about three feet apart, palms facing each other. Close your eyes if you would like. You are aware of any new information you receive from your hands, but you are not judging the experience or trying to create it. Allow it to happen naturally.
2) Bring your hands closer together, slowly. Be aware of the sensation. Notice any feelings that come in waves or layers. These are the levels of your aura, your energy body. Some layers offer more “resistance” than others. Try it several times, with eyes closed and then open. If you have difficulty, start over, but begin by rubbing your hands together vigorously, as if you were trying to warm them up. This will increase your hand’s sensitivity.
3) When you are done, wipe your hands together as if you were wiping excess water off them. This removes any other energies you might have picked up along the way. End all of these energy exercises with such a wiping motion.
For my sources see: Recommended Reading
Mrs. Hawayo Takata, who introduced Reiki to the West, said the word Rei means universal and this is the definition most have accepted. However, Mrs. Takata also indicated that this interpretation is a very general one. The kanji ideograms have many levels of meaning. They vary from the mundane to the highly esoteric. So while it is true that Rei can be interpreted as universal, meaning that it is present everywhere, this level of interpretation really doesn’t add to our understanding of Reiki.
Research into the esoteric meaning of the Japanese kanji character for Rei has given a much deeper understanding of this ideogram. The word Rei as it is used in Reiki is more accurately interpreted to mean supernatural knowledge or spiritual consciousness. This is the wisdom that comes from God or the Higher Self. This is the God-Consciousness which is all knowing. It understands each person completely. It knows the cause of all problems and difficulties and knows what to do to heal them.
Ki: The Life Force
Ki means the same as Chi in Chinese, Prana in Sanskrit and Ti or Ki in Hawaiian. It has also been called, odic force, orgone, and bioplasma. It has been given many other names by the various cultures that have been aware of it.
Ki is the life force. It is also called the vital life force or the universal life force. This is the nonphysical energy that animates all living things. As long as something is alive, it has life force circulating through it and surrounding it; when it dies, the life force departs.
If your life force is low, or if there is a restriction in its flow, you will be more vulnerable to illness. When it is high, and flowing freely, you are less likely to get sick. Life force plays an important role in everything we do. It animates the body and also is the primary energy of our emotions, thoughts and spiritual life.
The Chinese place great importance on the life force or what they call Chi. They have studied it for thousands of years and have discovered there are many different kinds of Chi. The “Yellow Emperor’s Classic of Internal Medicine” which is over 4,000 years old, lists thirty-two different kinds of Chi or Ki.
Ki is used by martial artists in their physical training and mental development. It is used in meditative breathing exercises called Pranayama, and by the shamans of all cultures for divination, psychic awareness, manifestation and healing. Ki is the nonphysical energy used by all healers. Ki is present all around us and can be accumulated and guided by the mind.
Reiki: Spiritually Guided Life Force Energy
It is the God-consciousness called Rei that guides the life force called Ki in the practice we call Reiki. Therefore, Reiki can be defined as spiritually guided life force energy. This is a meaningful interpretation of the word Reiki. It more closely describes the experience most people have of it; Reiki guiding itself with its own wisdom, and being unresponsive to the direction of the practitioner.
The form of Ki that organizes the correct synergetic application of all the subordinate forms of the life force in the holistic sense is called Reiki. This word can be translated as “soul force” or ”spiritual power.” It is this quality of the life energy that, in the material world, is closest to the divine creative force, the source of al life. It attunes the three archetypal partial personalities of the inner child, middle self, and higher self with each other so that all three remain connected with each other in one system instead of striving apart because of their differing characteristics.
- Reiki connects without binding.
- Reiki stimulates without over exciting.
- Reiki separates without creating isolation.
- Reiki calms without causing rigidity.
- Reiki directs our attention to life and love in the heart.
- Reiki creates clarity without a lack of involvement.
- Reiki wakes us up and supports the development of all types of latent potentials.
When given an adequate opportunity to do so, Reiki will first make sure that cleansing and clarification take place and prepare the body/mind/spirit for any additional healing/transformation to take place. In order to cooperate in this process, we must decide to live in a different manner: healthier, more spiritual, and more individual. Reiki can’t—won’t—take over this act of Will Power. The will is a gift of the Divine Force. Mastering it is a holy duty– as is learning to use it in a way that is meaningful in terms of the whole of creation.
Forms of life energy that are higher and more uniform than Reiki cannot manifest themselves directly in the material world of separation.
Image from: Reiki is Love
Our hands always let us know how we feel in our heart. If we love someone, the chances are that we’ll want to touch them. Pet owners reinforce the bond with their furry friends by stroking them. Yet the urge to use our hands to hurt someone or something is a sure indicator that we’ve lost contact with love and affection.
Through healing, the energetic link between the hands and the heart is revealed, and although distant healing begins with thought and intention, your hands will also tell you when you’re working this way.
As you practice, your hands will lead you to where healing energy is needed, because they have a subtle sensing apparatus that is sensitive to energy flow and imbalance.
This sensing mechanism is activated and guided by the power of intuition, a faculty of your higher self. If you practice allowing the sensitivity of your hands to work in tandem with your intuition, your hands will prove to be a guide and helper you can trust.
Your hands have a direct link with the heart energy center in the middle of your chest. Activating the subtle sensing of your palms helps prepare the hands for distant healing or any therapeutic work.
- Is the ability to channel Reiki ever lost? by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Decisions… Decisions by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- The Way of the Miracle Worker by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- The Human Energy Field by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Reiki Fire by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Advantages of A Whole Body Treatment by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- How Reiki Works by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Reiki Energy Is Never Depleted by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Is the ability to channel Reiki ever lost? by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Horses and Reiki by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment