The following is based on the Chakra system, and gives guidelines as to what areas you might want to treat for specific issues.
Back of the Head:
- Physical: Improves coordination and receptivity, both in waking and sleeping.
- Emotional: Relaxes and decreases worry, fear, and irritations.
- Mental: Aids in retaining the memory of dreams.
- Spiritual: Increases the sense of “wholeness” and “oneness.”
Crown or Top of the Head:
- Physical: Opens your Crown Chakra. Aids headaches and hangovers. Balances the Pineal and Pituitary glands.
- Emotional: Reduces worry, depression, and hysteria. Produces calm and serenity.
- Mental: Improves memory, clarity, and creativity.
- Spiritual: Increases awareness and expands consciousness.
- Physical: Aids eyes, sinus, teeth, jaws, Pineal and Pituitary glands.
- Emotional: Relaxes and reduces stress and anxiety.
- Mental: Reduces confusion. Enhances Psychic abilities.
- Spiritual: Tunes you into your higher self and stimulates intuition.
- Physical: Improves blood pressure. Aids with larynx and thyroid.
- Emotional: Removes anger, resentment, hostility, and negativity.
- Mental: Produces a sense of well being and contentment.
- Spiritual: Spiritual power of expression.
- Physical: Aids heart, lungs, thymus, and immune system.
- Emotional: Increases ability to love and trust. Soothes nerves and removes stress.
- Mental: Refreshes and produces serenity. Aids in reasoning ability.
- Spiritual: Increases joy and unconditional love.
- Physical: Pancreas, liver and solar plexus.
- Emotional: Produces strength, relaxation, self-control and confidence. Reduces stress and anxiety.
- Mental: Reduces mental confusion.
- Spiritual: Increases personal and spiritual power.
- Physical: Spleen. Reduces stress and aids in relaxation.
- Emotional: Produces silent confidence and reduces confusion.
- Mental: Inspires and awakens the mind.
- Spiritual: Provides inner strength.
- Physical: Intestines, prostate, bladder, and ovaries.
- Emotional: Restores mental health concerning sexual issues.
- Mental: Decreases rigid attitudes and thinking.
- Spiritual: Expands consciousness.
For my sources see: Recommended Reading
This experience we call life is filled to the brim with decisions. During every waking moment, we are faced with more choices than we can possibly comprehend.
We are often simi-or un-conscious of the threads of life we spin with each thought or direction of thought our minds take. Some decisions are merely reactionary; some are carefully and methodically made. Some major resolutions are brought about by a culmination of seemingly inconsequential decisions and most have small conclusions intertwined in their process.
All that we are and have experienced is embodied in every single decision we make and each decision creates a new experience. Until we make any decision, we have no real idea of what the experience will be. Thus, we never really make mistakes; we only create experiences we either like or dislike.
The only difficult part of this concept is agreeing to the facts that:
- Each of us is really free to make any choice we want to.
- We can create change by choosing to do so.
What does that have to do with health, healing and Reiki?
Ultimately, all decisions direct our lives as to whether or not we are going to get sick with certain diseases, and to a degree, whether we are going to place ourselves in positions that could lead to accidents, or be in environments where catastrophes can happen.
It is very difficult to accept that our choices are responsible for whatever happens to our body. No one wants to believe that he or she might have chosen their car accident or their cancer, or to be responsible in any way for any upsetting incident in their life. In fact, the realization of this responsibility is invariably painful. But it is this understanding that can help to explain the intricacies of the healing process.
Whatever our background or experience in health or in healing, it’s important to begin to understand this complexity. Just as one decision builds on another to create disharmony, disease, etc, we can build a new set of choices which will determine to what degree we have chosen to be healed.
Takata’s advice was to do regular and consistent Reiki sessions for a chronically ill patient. Consecutive Reiki sessions give the body, mind, emotions, and the spirit a chance to come together in a relaxed and energized state. A chance, as it were, to rethink individual and collective decisions on some (or every) level. An opportunity, in the quiet, to sort through past selections and experiences. All of this can occur without the practitioner or the client being aware that it’s happening.
I believe that what we see as “miraculous healings” are actually the coming together of this energy, Reiki, which facilitates the re-balancing of a total being, and any individual who has decided on all levels to accept and hold onto that balance. For some persons, this moment can be instantaneous, and a miracle is announced. We hear and read of these frequently. For most of us, the degree of re-balancing comes steadily or in small increments, and this is what we see in ourselves and our Reiki practices.
On some occasions, we will see a transformation during one session, but then a gradual return of the original problem. The body might have been willing, but the emotions or thoughts or attitudes were not ready for the change.
Just as it is with any decision to create a new experience, we cannot know what the experience is until we make the decision to do it. Any movement from one habit or view of life to another cannot be known to its fullest extent until we decide to do it and accomplish it.
Remember always, just as this decision to create disease is personal, so is the decision to create health. Each person will do it in their own way. Some of us may decide as we are expected to. Others of us may make the ultimate healing decision to let loose of this life experience.
Keep in mind then that as practitioners or for ourselves, we are only present to facilitate the decision-making process by channeling Reiki and being present without judgment.
Excerpted from: Reiki in Everyday Living
- Questions To Ask A Reiki Master by shirleytwofeathers - 2 Comments
- Advantages of A Whole Body Treatment by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Brief Bio of Dr Usui by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Reiki Energy Is Never Depleted by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- How Reiki Works by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment