The Tibetan meditation practice that used the Antahkarana took place in a room lit with candles. In the middle of the room was a large earthenware vessel shaped in an oval which symbolized the cosmic egg of the universe. The vessel was filled with several inches of water and in the middle was a stool. On the seat of the stool, inlaid in silver was the Antahkarana Symbol.
One wall was covered with copper that was polished to a mirror finish. Tapestries which displayed Reiki symbols were hung on the opposite wall. A Tibetan Lama meditator would sit on the stool and gaze steadily at the image of the Reiki symbol reflected in the polished copper mirror.
This yantra meditation would create one-pointedness in the mind of the meditator, uniting the consciousness with the transcendental energies of the Reiki Symbol while the Antahkarana Symbol on the stool would focus the energies generated and cause them to evenly flow through all the chakras and to connect with Earth.
It is clear that the Tibetans did not originate the symbol and there is no written record as to its true origin. However, through clairvoyent perception the symbol was first given to the people of Earth during Lemurian times over 100,000 years ago. This was the same time Reiki was first brought to Earth by the Holy Spirit.
The Antahkarana was created by a counsel of Ascended Masters who are watching over the evolution of the Galaxy. They saw that the people of Earth were in trouble and needed help in re-establishing their connection with the Higher Self. They created the symbol and using a decree, imbued it with its own consciousness.
Now anyone who uses it will have the connection between the physical brain and the Higher Self strengthened. It is the Higher Self that creates and guides the benefits of the symbol and that is why it can never be used for harm.
Breathing technique to purify the spirit.
This technique magnifies your Reiki energy and helps you feel like a piece of hollow bamboo – a clear channel for energy. When practicing this, you will realize that energy does not belong to us. It is simply the all-pervading force that makes everything pulsate with life.
With practice, you will find that the forces you thought to be your own personal energy melt and merge with the cosmic energy within your body-mind system. Then it becomes exceedingly difficult to draw the line between where the universe ends and “I” begin.
- Stand in a comfortable position, feet shoulder-width apart.
- Take a few deep breaths.
- Release all the tension in your body and think of something pleasant.
- Let your mouth open slightly.
- Breathe in through your nose.
- Rest your tongue on the roof of your mouth as you inhale.
- Exhale through your mouth, and let your tongue come down naturally as you do this.
- Bend your knees in slow motion while focusing your attention on your lower abdomen.
- Do each step very, very slowly.
Suddenly you will become aware of a point in your lower abdomen, 2 or 3 fingers below the navel. It is where your life force dwells, the center of your being. This is called the Tanden.
Now begin the main exercise:
It may help to put one or both of your hands on your lower abdomen and breathe into the spot you are touching.
- Inhale through your nose, and imagine drawing Reiki energy into your body through your crown chakra.
- Pull the energy down to your Tanden.
- When the energy reaches your Tanden, keep the energy there for a few seconds without straining yourself.
- Visualize how this breath is expanding and permeating your entire body.
- Then exhale through your mouth and imagine the energy flowing out through your fingertips, your hand chakras, the tips of your toes and your foot chakras.
Continue for 5 or 10 minutes.
For my sources see: Recommended Reading
Gassho means “two hands coming together.” Dr. Usui called this technique the first pillar of Reiki and he practiced it twice a day. It is also mentioned on Dr. Usui’s memorial stone where it states:
” Mornings and evenings, sit in the Gassho position and repeat these words (the Reiki Ideals) out loud and in your heart.”
This is a special meditation to attune one to the spirit of Reiki. It is done as a regular meditation every day. It clears the mind, opens the heart and other chakras, and strengthens your Reiki energy. A wonderful stillness will develop inside along with the awareness of increased inner peace.
This meditation can be done standing or sitting. It is done for 15 to 30 minutes per session.
- Close your eyes.
- Fold your hands in the prayer position with your fingers pointing up and your thumbs touching the heart chakra at the middle of your chest.
- Focus all your attention on the point where your middle fingers meet, and forget everything else.
- If thoughts arise, acknowledge them and then gently brush them aside and refocus on the point where your middle fingers are touching.
As you continue to practice, you will find that you can hold your attention on the middle fingers for a longer and longer period of time without thoughts arising
It is important to accept that thoughts will arise. When this happens, do not think you have made a mistake as this is completely normal. However as soon as you realize you are focusing on a thought, gently refocus back on the point where your middle fingers touch.
When you have reached the end of meditation, take a couple of deep breaths, bring your attention to your eyes, and open your eyes slowly.
For my sources see: Recommended Reading
A Powerful Chant activating a Cellular Attunement with Reiki Healing Energies.
From Reiki Temple Chants by Astarius Miraculii
I have become more sensitive to the energy of situations, both positive and negative, and have found the courage to appreciate them all.
Reiki has also helped me in my meditating, making it easier for me to probe into my inner depths.
My overall health has become more balanced and life is more fun than ever before. My compassion has grown, and I often find myself cool and collected in situations that used to set me on fire in the past.
Reiki helps us see others more lovingly, it puts us into a gentle equilibrium of body, mind and soul.
~Frank Arjava Petter
- Advantages of A Whole Body Treatment by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Brief Bio of Dr Usui by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Reiki Energy Is Never Depleted by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- How Reiki Works by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Kirlian Photography and Reiki by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment