Reiji means “indication of the spirit” and is the second pillar of Reiki. This is a process that prepares one to give a Reiki treatment. It involves the use of Gassho, a short prayer for the benefit of the client and focus on ones intuitive guidance.
Here’s how it works:
- Do the Gassho meditation, but only for a minute or so.
- Say a prayer giving thanks to the spirit of Reiki and asking it to begin flowing now.
- Say a prayer on behalf of the client, asking that she/he be completely healed.
- Bring your hands up to the third eye and ask the spirit of Reiki to guide your hands to where they are needed.
- Now wait and see what happens.
- Follow your inner guidance and allow your hands to be directed by the spirit of Reiki.
- You will be guided to a certain area of the body.
You may see a body part in front of your inner eye, or the body part to be treated may “jump” out at you. You might even hear what part of the body to treat, or you may simply feel or know where you should start. Some people feel the prompting within their own bodies.
Notice any internal impressions you may get. Use all the clues available to you. Trust your intuitive self.
This word means “treatment” and is the third pillar of Reiki. The kind of treatment Dr. Usui taught relies on ones inner guidance rather than a predetermined set of hand positions. In this way, each treatment is unique and focuses on what the client needs to create wholeness.
After doing Reiji-ho, continue to follow your inner guidance allowing yourself to be directed. Treat as many places on the body or in the aura as you feel compelled to. During this process, allow yourself to enter a very relaxed state and to become one with the Reiki energy.
For my sources see: Recommended Reading
Our hands always let us know how we feel in our heart. If we love someone, the chances are that we’ll want to touch them. Pet owners reinforce the bond with their furry friends by stroking them. Yet the urge to use our hands to hurt someone or something is a sure indicator that we’ve lost contact with love and affection.
Through healing, the energetic link between the hands and the heart is revealed, and although distant healing begins with thought and intention, your hands will also tell you when you’re working this way.
As you practice, your hands will lead you to where healing energy is needed, because they have a subtle sensing apparatus that is sensitive to energy flow and imbalance.
This sensing mechanism is activated and guided by the power of intuition, a faculty of your higher self. If you practice allowing the sensitivity of your hands to work in tandem with your intuition, your hands will prove to be a guide and helper you can trust.
Your hands have a direct link with the heart energy center in the middle of your chest. Activating the subtle sensing of your palms helps prepare the hands for distant healing or any therapeutic work.
- Advantages of A Whole Body Treatment by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Brief Bio of Dr Usui by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Reiki Energy Is Never Depleted by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- How Reiki Works by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Kirlian Photography and Reiki by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment