Place both hands on the sides of your head so the palms are resting on the temples and the fingers cradle (wrap around) the crown of your head. The fingers from both hands will possibly touch at the top of the head. Hold firmly but not too tight.
Close your eyes and take several deep breaths. This is an opportunity to become aware of what your body needs regarding how many seconds it takes before you feel grounded and balanced.
Source: Balanced Woman’s Blog
Here is a quick and simple breathing technique to help ground yourself, clear the mind and helps alleviate headaches. If you would like to, you can use calming, grounding statements as you breathe, as in the example shown below:
Inhaling (through left nostril, closing right nostril with right thumb), “I am breathing in calm” or “I am breathing in good energy.”
(Close left nostril with right ring finger) Exhaling (through right nostril), ”I am breathing out anxiety” or “I am breathing out bad energy ,” or “I am safe.”
Repeat rounds 6-10 times, focus on keeping breath smooth, deep and rhythmic. You will not want to practice this exercise if you have a cold.
It is not necessary to use affirmations with this exercise.
Source: Balanced Women’s Blog
There is a wonderful meditational exercise called Earth Walking posted in The Book of Shadows that I believe is very helpful in healing work. Particularly when it comes to healing yourself. It can be found here: Earth Walking. This is also an excellent way to ground yourself and release an excess of built up energy after attunements, healing sessions, and other energy work.
Why should you walk barefoot?
Walking barefoot, also called “earthing,” is getting some positive reviews in the scientific world. A review published in the Journal of Environmental and Public Health looked at a number of studies that highlight how drawing electrons from the earth improves health.
- In one, chronic pain patients using grounded carbon fiber mattresses slept better and experienced less pain.
- Another study found that earthing changed the electrical activity in the brain, as measured by electroencephalograms.
- Other research found that grounding benefited skin conductivity, moderated heart rate variability, improved glucose regulation, reduced stress and boosted immunity.
- Earthing increases the surface charge of red blood cells. As a result, the cells avoid clumping, which decreases blood viscosity. High viscosity is a significant factor in heart disease, which is why so many people take blood thinning aspirin each day to improve their heart health.
- Another study in the same journal found that earthing may help regulate both the endocrine and nervous systems.
If the science doesn’t excite you, consider this:
The earth walking exercise expands your experience beyond the realm of personal energy and into the feelings of Earth energy. Our ancestors slept on the Earth and exchanged energy with it every day. Most people barely touch the Earth now, with the ubiquity of shoes and floors. Earth walking helps us come back into balance with the energy field of the Earth.
- Advantages of A Whole Body Treatment by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Brief Bio of Dr Usui by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Reiki Energy Is Never Depleted by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- How Reiki Works by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Kirlian Photography and Reiki by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment