A Rune-stave is a pattern which conveys that which transcends shapes and yet is an essence from which form is enabled to take shape. Each Rune is a means of relating to a natural potency that is within YOU and the Universe.
You can use Reiki to activate and concentrate the power of the Rune-staves in much the same way you would when working with the symbols in 2nd Degree Reiki. If you don’t have 2nd Degree Reiki, it will work just as well, and is especially fun if you are eager to begin working with symbols.
Here’s how it works:
From the list below, find an intention that you would like to work with. This can be something you want to empower for yourself personally, or it can be for someone else.
Concentrate your attention on that Rune, and couple with it the intention you have chosen from the list. Now, with your finger, draw that Rune symbol on the palm of each hand. Next, place your hands where it feels most appropriate and allow the Reiki to flow.
For example, if you have chosen Raido with the intention of making more balanced judgments, you might feel led to place your hands on either side of your head. If you have chosen Hagalz with an intention to clear the air, you might want to hold your hands out and allow the Reiki to flow into the air around you.
It’s that simple. The Rune will be activated and bring along with it, it’s own power and potency.
Below is a simplified listing of each Rune, and the qualities they can awaken within.
- Begin a new project or endeavor
- Find the courage to make a fresh start
- Feel rejuvenated
- Increase your resolve
- Be more assertive
- Fight against detrimental influences
- Clear away lethargy
- Strengthen your determination
- Break down “barriers”
- Find both the unity and the division within things
- Obtain inspiration
- Discover your “hidden” potentials
- Improve your communication skills
- Increase your intake of Chi
- Strengthen your mind
- Gain access to inner wisdom
- Come into attunement with your personal rhythms
- Extend your awareness
- See things in their proper perspective
- Make balanced judgments
- Express yourself creatively
- See what needs to be transformed in your life
- Turn knowledge into wisdom
- Attain clarity of thought
- Generate enthusiasm
- Make more effective use of your time
- Receive more by giving more
- Bond personal relationships
- Turn wisdom into understanding
- Come into active partnership with your Higher Self
- Attain a sense of well-being
- Strengthen personal relationships
- Encourage good fellowship
- Build self-esteem
- Heal rifts
- Banish unwanted influences
- Develop intuitiveness within a structured framework so it does not get out of control
- Clear the air
- Focus your intentions
- Prepare the way for desired changes in your life
- Cope with stress
- Succeed in a crisis
- Achieve the seemingly impossible
- Break through your limitations
- Develop perseverance
- Value endurance
- Still your mind as an aid to meditation
- Create a protective barrier to immobilize harmful intent from whatever quarter
- Strengthen your Will
- Overcome restlessness
- Learn that patience brings rewards
- Nurture your creativity
- Know the secret of proper timing
- Come into harmony with the cycles of Nature
- Harmonize your body “clock”
- Give birth to your hopes and dreams
- Hold on to what is essential to be retained
- Experience pleasure
- Be aware of your hidden potentials
- Liberate yourself from unnecessary fear
- Develop within you the quality of endurance
- Connect with other levels of reality
- Avoid confusion
- Release your inner strengths
- Receive flashes of enlightenment
- Find the powers within you to meet any situation
- Ward off negative influences
- Connect with an inner drive to achieve more
- Keep your ideals and aspirations grounded
- See things as they are
- Receive inner guidance to discern more clearly
- Boost your energy levels
- Attain that “impossible” dream
- Connect with your Soul’s purpose
- Become more vigilant
- Strengthen your reliability
- Work more methodically
- Face difficulties with fortitude
- Develop greater trust in yourself
- Have courage to accept responsibility for your own choices and actions
- Perform deeds in an honorable way
- Allow your “greater” Self to have more influence in your life
- Effect closer relations
- Nurture what it is you want to bring forth in your life
- Conserve your energies
- Come through a crisis safely
- Let go of what may be blocking your progress
- Find more fruitful ways of achieving what you set out to do
- Attain a more harmonious relationship with your partner
- Impart trust and loyalty
- Become more balanced in your ways
- Become more fully integrated within yourself
- Sharpen your intellect
- Activate your intuitive senses
- Adopt a more co-operative attitude towards Nature and others
- Strengthen family relationships
- Become more adaptable
- Actualize your potentials
- Identify your true feelings
- Come into harmony with the ebb and flow of energy streams of life
- Increase your healing powers
- Strengthen your faith
- Renew your hope for the future
- Open up new areas of self-realization
- Access “higher” powers
- Develop the abilities you have
- Connect with past lives
- Feel more secure
- Realize your true Reality
- Get in touch with your Spirit
- Recognize your connectedness with all things
- Become a good “finisher” as well as a keen “starter”
- Recognize your true wealth
- Evaluate the true value of things
- Find fulfillment in your endeavors
- Brings things to completion satisfactorily
- Draw down the power of the Sun, Moon, and Stars into your own personal “universe”
Adapted from a post in: Magickal Ingredients
This three dimensional symbol is used in Reiki. It has its own consciousness and works directly with your aura and chakras causing deep healing. More about this ancient symbol can be found here: The Antahkarana ~ Ancient Symbol of Healing
- Simply sticking or placing Antahkarana in any room is enough to create an illness free and healthy atmosphere.
- It is most effective in fighting any illness.
- Any object or anything placed between 2 Antahkarana symbols will be cleared of all negativities.
- Male and female Antahkarana symbols neutralizes any kind of energy.
- Crystals can be cleansed by placing them between 2 Antahkarana symbols.
- Place Antahkarana symbol under bed or mattress to promote better sleep.
- Place Antahkarana symbol on chakras to balance chakras.
- Charge your food and water to purify by placing it on Antahkarana. It acts as a detoxifier.
- Place near electronic gadgets to reduce EMF effect.
- Meditation with Antahkarana symbol gives inner clarity, improves immunity and establish stronger connection with spiritual realms.
- If you are going through unbearable heartache, placing a Cosmic Cross symbol helps release the pain.
- Sticking or placing it anywhere in room neutralizes negative energy as well as transmute it to positive energy.
- Dispels negative effects from medicines when placed beneath medicines or in first aid box.
- During Reiki sessions, place symbol directly face down on chakras or organs and give Reiki by placing palms few inches above it. It amplifies Reiki healing.
- Keep symbol on or under working desk to keep negativity and psychic attacks off from colleagues.
- Make a sandwich of two Antahkarana symbols and your/client’s pic/name for faster and optimize healing.
- A printed cloth of Antahkarana symbol is helpful in healing as you can easily place it on client.
- If you feel blockage in any chakra, you can opt for square Antahkarana symbol and give Reiki.
- Sit on any Antahkarana symbol to ground yourself.
- Take a printout of the symbol and use it as a crystal grid base.
- Just keeping it near your aura can bring positive effects on aura and chakras.
- Put along with your angel/tarot deck to cleanse the decks.
More about variations on this symbol can be found here:
The Cosmic Cross
The Female Symbol
The Male Symbol
The Multiple Symbol Square
Source: Twofeathers Reiki and Reiki Rays
Since it is directed by the Higher Self, it always has a beneficial effect and can never be misused or used to cause harm. The symbols can be placed under a massage table, or under the bottom of a chair or you could sit on them. They can also be placed on the wall or they can be held against your body with the print facing the area that needs healing.
The Antahkarana is a special symbol that has its own consciousness. It does not need an attunement for it to work. It is the image of the printed symbol that creates the effect. It works directly with your aura and chakras and varies its healing effect depending on what you need at the time of use.
Use in Reiki Treatments:
Symbols printed on cloth work best for use when giving Reiki treatments as they allow you to place them on the clients body over the areas needing healing. When used in this way, you can then place your hands on top of the symbol and do Reiki through the symbol into the client. This will make your treatments more effective and the person will heal faster.
The multiple symbol is great for releasing blocked energy. If you sense a block, place the multiple symbol over the are with the image facing down and place your hands on top of the symbol. You’ll find that the block breaks up and is release much more quickly. The male, female and cosmic cross symbols each have their own vibration and will add that particular type of benefit to the treatment. Just use your intuition to determine which symbol to use.
The Antahkarana symbols can also be placed on the floor under the Reiki table or even tacked to the bottom of the table with the image facing up. Remember, just having the in your presence will have a beneficial effect.
Use in Meditation:
You can meditate directly on the Antahkarana by gazing steadily at it with your eyes relaxed, gently brushing away any thoughts that may come up.
With continued practice the image may begin to shift and change or to fade in and out, or it may disappear completely. This is good because it indicates you have entered a deeper level of meditation and are receiving greater benefit. Do not allow this to disturb you. Continue your steady relaxed gaze. You may even begin to see pictures in front of the image that are very pleasant and relaxing.
A single meditation with the symbol will be beneficial during times of stress. However regular use is best, setting aside 10 to 30 minutes each day for meditation on the Antahkarana. The value you receive will develop along with your mental clarity and a sense of peace and security will stay with you throughout the day.
The Antahkarana symbols lend themselves easily to experimentation so allow yourself to be guided to new uses. Some people have silk screened them onto t-shirts, others have placed the small wallet size in their shoes (to help them run faster and jump higher). You can also tape the wallet size – using surgical tape over a chakra or over an area that is weak or in need of healing and it will immediately strengthen the area.
The universe is filled with wonder and mystery and as we trust only in the light and boldly explore our true nature, untold value will be revealed to us. The Antahkarana is a symbol that gives freely to all. May you benefit greatly as you explore its use in your journey back to Light.
There are several variations of the Antahkarana symbol, here is a brief explanation of each one:
The large single symbol is more female and creates its healing in a gentle way healing the female energies of both men and women.
The smaller single symbol is more male and more direct, focused and penetrating and will heal the male energy of both men and women. Use your intuition in deciding which one to use.
The Cosmic Cross is made of seven symbols crossing each other. This represents the seven major chakras. This symbol will purify your energy and can be used to open the heart.
The square multiple symbol made of sixteen symbols will break up blocked and congested energy, and get stuck energy moving. This symbol can also scatter your energy so it is recommended that you follow its use with the single male symbol to create centering and grounding.
Alice Bailey and several other authors of Tibetan philosophy have some knowledge of the Antahkarana which you can find in a number of books. They describe the Antahkarana as a part of spiritual anatomy. It is the connection between the physical brain and the Higher Self. It is this connection that must heal and develop if we are to grow spiritually. The Antahkarana symbol depicted and described here represents this connection and activates it whenever you are in its presence.
The science of Radionics indicates that lines drawn on paper create a psychic effect on the space surrounding the drawing and will influence the human aura and chakras in various ways depending on the pattern created. This validates the age-old practice of yantra meditation which makes use of visual images to purify and evolve the consciousness.
The Antahkarana is an ancient healing and meditation symbol that has been used in Tibet and China for thousands of years. It is a powerful symbol and simply by having it in your presence, it will create a positive affect on the chakras and aura.
When doing healing work, it focuses and deepens the actions of the healing energies involved. When meditating with the symbol on your person or close by, it automatically creates what the Taoists call the great microcosmic orbit wherein spiritual energies travel up the spine, over the crown chakra, then down through the front of the body to the root chakra and back up again continuously moving around and around. This action balances the chakras and prevents too much energy building up in one or more chakras.
The Anthakarana symbol will also neutralize negative energy that has collected in objects such as jewelry or crystals simply by placing the object between two symbols. In addition, it will enhance all healing work including Reiki, Mahikari, Jin Shin, Polarity Therapy, Chiropractic, Hypnotherapy, and Past Life Regression. These positive effects have been confirmed over and over by the improved results noted by those using the symbol and by clairvoyent observation by those trained in sensing changes in the aura and chakras.
This symbol is multi-dimensional. From one perspective it appears to be two dimensional, being made-up of three sevens on a flat surface. The three sevens represent the seven chakras, the seven colors and the seven tones of the musical scale. These three sevens are mentioned in the book of Revelations as the seven candle sticks, the seven trumpets and the seven seals.
From another perspective this symbol appears as a three dimensional cube. Its energy moves up from two to three dimensions that can be seen and continues up through unseen dimensions all the way to the highest dimension – the dimension of the Higher-Self.
Mrs. Hawayo Takata, who introduced Reiki to the West, said the word Rei means universal and this is the definition most have accepted. However, Mrs. Takata also indicated that this interpretation is a very general one. The kanji ideograms have many levels of meaning. They vary from the mundane to the highly esoteric. So while it is true that Rei can be interpreted as universal, meaning that it is present everywhere, this level of interpretation really doesn’t add to our understanding of Reiki.
Research into the esoteric meaning of the Japanese kanji character for Rei has given a much deeper understanding of this ideogram. The word Rei as it is used in Reiki is more accurately interpreted to mean supernatural knowledge or spiritual consciousness. This is the wisdom that comes from God or the Higher Self. This is the God-Consciousness which is all knowing. It understands each person completely. It knows the cause of all problems and difficulties and knows what to do to heal them.
Ki: The Life Force
Ki means the same as Chi in Chinese, Prana in Sanskrit and Ti or Ki in Hawaiian. It has also been called, odic force, orgone, and bioplasma. It has been given many other names by the various cultures that have been aware of it.
Ki is the life force. It is also called the vital life force or the universal life force. This is the nonphysical energy that animates all living things. As long as something is alive, it has life force circulating through it and surrounding it; when it dies, the life force departs.
If your life force is low, or if there is a restriction in its flow, you will be more vulnerable to illness. When it is high, and flowing freely, you are less likely to get sick. Life force plays an important role in everything we do. It animates the body and also is the primary energy of our emotions, thoughts and spiritual life.
The Chinese place great importance on the life force or what they call Chi. They have studied it for thousands of years and have discovered there are many different kinds of Chi. The “Yellow Emperor’s Classic of Internal Medicine” which is over 4,000 years old, lists thirty-two different kinds of Chi or Ki.
Ki is used by martial artists in their physical training and mental development. It is used in meditative breathing exercises called Pranayama, and by the shamans of all cultures for divination, psychic awareness, manifestation and healing. Ki is the nonphysical energy used by all healers. Ki is present all around us and can be accumulated and guided by the mind.
Reiki: Spiritually Guided Life Force Energy
It is the God-consciousness called Rei that guides the life force called Ki in the practice we call Reiki. Therefore, Reiki can be defined as spiritually guided life force energy. This is a meaningful interpretation of the word Reiki. It more closely describes the experience most people have of it; Reiki guiding itself with its own wisdom, and being unresponsive to the direction of the practitioner.
- Advantages of A Whole Body Treatment by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Brief Bio of Dr Usui by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Reiki Energy Is Never Depleted by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- How Reiki Works by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Kirlian Photography and Reiki by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment