Power moves are movements that we make with our bodies that assist us in concentrating and directing the energy. Most martial art use power moves to one degree or another. When people dance from their hearts, they are doing power moves, allowing the power to speak through their bodies. Power moves are a dance of power. Tai Chi is an ancient example of power moves.
Whenever you handle energy, you receive it with your left hand and send it with your right hand. Your left hand acts as an antenna and your right hand broadcasts the energy you have received. If you are open to its direction, power will instruct you-it will “tell” you what to do. Flowing with that energy can be a powerful and centering experience. It can also be distressing when you fight it or cannot control it. This dance of power begins as you relax and become mentally centered.
Stand quietly with your legs shoulder-width apart. Mentally give the power permission to flow through you and ask it to guide you. Raise your hands and hold them in front of you. Let your hands and body move as you feel guided. Your movements will be smooth and rhythmic, almost like a ballet. Power moves are a form of moving meditation. They are relaxing and energizing. As you do them, you collect a great deal of power in your body. They are healing to both mind and body.
If it feels appropriate, you can play gentle music or light a candle. Relax and let the energy move your body. Notice how it feels as it flows through you. After you have relaxed into the energy, allow it to move you for about fifteen minutes and then stop. Gently sit down and close your eyes. Ask the universe how to use the energy you have collected. If you don’t get a specific answer, send the energy to Mother Earth so it can heal the planet, yourself, and the people you love.
Allow yourself to bathe in the joy of that energy. If you are having a difficult time feeling the guidance of the energy, start with your hands. Hold them in front of your face and move your right hand clockwise and your left hand counter- clockwise. Move them slowly and rhythmically in and out. Gently notice how it feels.
Then while you are sitting in a chair, begin moving your legs in a circular motion, noticing how it feels. After you are comfortable with those movements, stand up and again begin with your hands. First move one hand out and away from you and then step rhythmically out with one of your legs. Next do the same with the other hand and leg. Slowly begin moving around the room. Notice your body and let yourself enjoy its movements. Allow the process to be sensual and rhythmic.
Be gentle with yourself as you practice allowing your awareness to expand. Enjoy the process.
Practice finding power spots wherever you go.
Find your special power spot. We all have places on this earth that are sacred to us. Take time to find your sacred place. Once you find it, spend some time there. Let that place heal you and fill you with its love. Let your heart guide you to that place. It will call to you if you are willing to listen.
Buy a packet of seeds and divide it in half. Do some power moves and then sit quietly with half of the seeds. Allow yourself to feel their life energy and then slowly begin channeling energy to them. Mentally see them growing big and strong. Plant each group of seeds in separate pots and give them equal care. Notice how much healthier the energized group is.
Just as humans have power points, the earth also has areas where energy varies. These are called power spots. Places like Stonehenge, and the Valley of the Dead are examples of power spots. Just as human beings have areas where their energy is more concentrated, so does the earth. Most of the older churches and temples were built on power spots, where it is much easier to connect with the spiritual realms.
When you approach a sacred place, you can feel it’s power and the strength that lies there. These places can be used to intensify your personal power and to assist you in connecting more fully with your spiritual center. Whenever you enter a room you automatically gravitate toward a place that feels comfortable. The place that you feel most comfortable in is often your personal power spot. It is the place that balances most closely with your own energy. As you stand or sit in this spot, your energy is magnified; it is like putting jumper cables on a car battery.
The ability to consciously find these power spots can greatly enhance your sensitivities to energy and your own process. Being able to find these will allow you to know a little more about yourself than you did before. I suggest you find your power spot in nature. In any given location, there is a place that fits you better energetically than any other location. There are also places that can drain your energy and make you feel and act less effectively. It is important to be able to tell the difference. One spot may energize you while another weakens you and can actually make you sick.
There are three major types of power spots. One type gives you energy and is healing. Another type of spot actually drains energy from anything within its boundaries. There are also power spots that are tricksters. They confuse people and trick them into giving up their power and sanity. It takes practice to be able to differentiate between them. The easiest way to tell between the types is by how you feel. It is important to trust how you feel and what you sense as you explore the energy levels of the different types of power spots. These spots affect you whether you are consciously aware of them or not.
Begin by calling upon your angels and ask the universe for guidance. Relax and focus on your breathing. Slowly look around the area. Does one spot “look” brighter than the other? See how each section feels as you stand in it. Feel from your heart. Do some feel lighter and some heavy? Do you feel confused as you stand in some places? Now slowly walk around the area. Take time to stand in any place that attracts you. compare how each one feels to you. Notice the plants and grasses in the various areas. Do they look healthier in one place, greener and more alive? Let your self look intuitively where your power place is.
Now sit down and begin to meditate. How do you feel as you sit in that spot? Does the energy feel loving and peaceful? If it feels rough or unsettling, move. Soon it will become second nature; you will automatically sit in your power spot. Avoid listening to your mind during this process. Trust the inner knowing. Your inner knowing, your sacred self, will never lie to you.
Here are a number of different techniques that can be used to intensify the power Reiki.
The “Homeopathic” Touch
Almost without touching them, very gently massage the zones that you would like to treat for somewhere between 20 seconds and 2 minutes. Then lay hands on them a usual.
According to the Arndt Schulze Rule (from the field of bio-cybernetics), fine impulses stimulate life activities while strong ones inhibit them. The fine impulses of the massage technique explained above direct the attention of the body consciousness to the appropriate area and intensify the body’s perceptive abilities. At the same time, the receptivity is increased. Prepared in this manner, Reiki is absorbed in a much higher degree.
Calmly hold your hands about 2 or 3 inches above the area to be treated for about 20 seconds, and attune yourself to it. Then let your hands begin to move gently as though you are giving a very gentle massage. Be sure that the palms are always facing your client’s body.
After 20 seconds, again hold your hands calmly still for another 20 seconds and attune yourself. Repeat this technique several times, and then treat as usual.
By relaxing the aura, the possibilities of energy flowing to the body are improved because Reiki clears the aura. In addition, through the fine impulses of aura massage, the attention of the body consciousness is directed to appropriate places. This, in turn, increases the receptivity.
Wherever the attention is focused, the energy will flow more freely in that direction.
During the treatment, sing or intone the vowels, A, E, I, O, U, and the sound of the letter M. This stimulates the chakras and the aura to gently increase their vibrational level.
The higher the vibration of a being, the greater the willingness of its organism to absorb Reiki.
Shortly before the beginning of the Reiki treatment, lightly clap your hands together and rub them intensely for a moment. This stimulates the hand chakras, through with Reiki is transmitted, to more intensive activity.
Rub your hands together with a few drops of baby oil. During the treatment, be careful of sensitive clothing and treat within the aura, if this is possible.
I can’t explain why this technique functions so well, but it is widespread among faith healers and has great results,
For my sources see: Recommended Reading
Here are some simple ways to explore the energy of Reiki that is available to you after receiving your first degree attunement. These exercises are also fun and helpful if you haven’t used Reiki for a while.
Experiencing The Energy
With another person put your hands out, palm to palm, a couple of inches apart. Say a short prayer or affirmation to trigger the flow of Reiki. You may soon feel a sense of warmth, a coolness, or a tingling.
If you move your hands toward your partner’s very slightly, you may even feel a sense of pressure, as if you were pushing against a magnet or a very light balloon. Now move your hands even farther away and check for sensations again.
Make A Reiki “Bubble”
Hold your hands about 6 inches apart, keeping your fingers together, cupping your hands slightly. Say a short prayer, or affirmation, to trigger the flow of Reiki and notice what you feel.
Gently explore this energy field. Focus on the feeling in your hands, and see how the energy intensifies. Breathe deeply as you do this, and notice what happens.
Play with the “bubble” until it seems to be tangible, and then gently blow it away, with the intention that the healing energy to to wherever it may be wanted and needed.
For my sources see: Recommended Reading
Breathing technique to purify the spirit.
This technique magnifies your Reiki energy and helps you feel like a piece of hollow bamboo – a clear channel for energy. When practicing this, you will realize that energy does not belong to us. It is simply the all-pervading force that makes everything pulsate with life.
With practice, you will find that the forces you thought to be your own personal energy melt and merge with the cosmic energy within your body-mind system. Then it becomes exceedingly difficult to draw the line between where the universe ends and “I” begin.
- Stand in a comfortable position, feet shoulder-width apart.
- Take a few deep breaths.
- Release all the tension in your body and think of something pleasant.
- Let your mouth open slightly.
- Breathe in through your nose.
- Rest your tongue on the roof of your mouth as you inhale.
- Exhale through your mouth, and let your tongue come down naturally as you do this.
- Bend your knees in slow motion while focusing your attention on your lower abdomen.
- Do each step very, very slowly.
Suddenly you will become aware of a point in your lower abdomen, 2 or 3 fingers below the navel. It is where your life force dwells, the center of your being. This is called the Tanden.
Now begin the main exercise:
It may help to put one or both of your hands on your lower abdomen and breathe into the spot you are touching.
- Inhale through your nose, and imagine drawing Reiki energy into your body through your crown chakra.
- Pull the energy down to your Tanden.
- When the energy reaches your Tanden, keep the energy there for a few seconds without straining yourself.
- Visualize how this breath is expanding and permeating your entire body.
- Then exhale through your mouth and imagine the energy flowing out through your fingertips, your hand chakras, the tips of your toes and your foot chakras.
Continue for 5 or 10 minutes.
For my sources see: Recommended Reading
Scattered over the surface of an individual’s aura are various power points. These points are areas where a person’s energy varies in density or form, appearing either thicker or thinner than the rest of his or her energy field. Energy can be channeled into these points so the person can experience healing or have his/her consciousness pushed into another reality.
The human aura is actually a complex web of energy fibers. Power points are areas where these fibers intersect or join. By manipulating these points you can rearrange the fibers to adjust the person’s energy field. Moving these fibers can change the person on an emotional, spiritual, or physical level. This in turn can heal a person of physical diseases or emotional turmoil. It can also bring him/her closer to the sacred self.
As with any technique, learning how to sense power spots will take patience and diligence. It is something we learn to do intuitively, not intellectually. You will have to work with a partner.
One person should sit comfortably in a chair while the other person practices locating that person’s power points. To locate your partner’s power points, stand behind the person and relax. Allow yourself to go into a light meditative state. As much as possible release your mind. In order to feel another person’s power points, you must see with your spiritual eyes, you don’t see as much as feel; you sense at a deep level of you being.
After you are relaxed, slowly begin to move your hands over the other person’s body, being sure not to touch the body. Place your hands about six inches from the body and notice how it feels. Place all you attention to the area between your hands and the person’s body. Close your eyes and breathe deeply; let your mind relax.
- What do you see?
- What can you sense?
- Allow your hands to become sensitive to the temperature and texture of the person’s body.
- Move your hands in and out as well as over the surface of the body’s energy field.
- Stay relaxed and breathe deeply.
- Don’t try too hard.
- Simply allow yourself to really feel from deep within your being.
- Instead of thinking with your head, feel with your heart.
- Ask the universe for help in sensing this person’s power points, and let your sacred self guide you.
At first, as you move your hands over a certain spot you may feel a strange pulling or tugging at your hands. This is a power point. It may feel like a slight shift in temperature. A particular spot may feel warmer or cooler. Certain areas may feel sluggish or sticky or you may feel static electricity. Allow yourself to be sensitive to any change in sensations. Trust your inner knowing. Don’t debate it with your mind. If you think it is a power point, it is a power point.
Once you find a power point, ask the person how it feels as you move your hand over it. Without touching the individual, ask him/her where you are working. Both of you then can build the sensitivity. Take turns practicing until you can easily locate at least several points on each other.
The locations of the power points varies from person to person, and from one day to another. Be patient with yourself. Learning how to feel and sense on these levels is a new experience for your mind. You have been trained most of your life to filter out any information you receive from these levels. When you learned to walk as a child, you fell down often. If you had given up, you would still be in your crib or crawling around on your hands and knees. Be patient with yourself. Let yourself learn how to walk through these new levels. Have fun and enjoy the process.
There is a wonderful meditational exercise called Earth Walking posted in The Book of Shadows that I believe is very helpful in healing work. Particularly when it comes to healing yourself. It can be found here: Earth Walking. This is also an excellent way to ground yourself and release an excess of built up energy after attunements, healing sessions, and other energy work.
Why should you walk barefoot?
Walking barefoot, also called “earthing,” is getting some positive reviews in the scientific world. A review published in the Journal of Environmental and Public Health looked at a number of studies that highlight how drawing electrons from the earth improves health.
- In one, chronic pain patients using grounded carbon fiber mattresses slept better and experienced less pain.
- Another study found that earthing changed the electrical activity in the brain, as measured by electroencephalograms.
- Other research found that grounding benefited skin conductivity, moderated heart rate variability, improved glucose regulation, reduced stress and boosted immunity.
- Earthing increases the surface charge of red blood cells. As a result, the cells avoid clumping, which decreases blood viscosity. High viscosity is a significant factor in heart disease, which is why so many people take blood thinning aspirin each day to improve their heart health.
- Another study in the same journal found that earthing may help regulate both the endocrine and nervous systems.
If the science doesn’t excite you, consider this:
The earth walking exercise expands your experience beyond the realm of personal energy and into the feelings of Earth energy. Our ancestors slept on the Earth and exchanged energy with it every day. Most people barely touch the Earth now, with the ubiquity of shoes and floors. Earth walking helps us come back into balance with the energy field of the Earth.
Like your ball of energy in Exercise #2 was an exercise in control, with this next experience, you will learn how your energy can affect and influence other people in very subtle ways. Again you will need a partner.
1) Stand facing each other, with only a few feet between you. The receptive partner should have their eyes closed. Make sure this person is standing up straight, but is not braced against any structures.
2) You then try to use your willpower, breath, and intent to “push” your personal energy out and influence your partner. Use a gathering motion in the space around you to gather your personal energy as you inhale. Use pushing motions as you gently exhale, sending the energy toward your partner.
3) Take notice of your partner. If there is a third person in the room, this person might notice the action more than either of the exercise partners. Usually the receptive partner looks like they are swaying back, even if they do not consciously feel it.
4) Reverse the process by gathering the energy between you both, and pull the energy forward with your intention. Inhale and sweep your arms toward your body as you bring the energy closer. You may notice your partner pulling forward a bit. Repeat these steps several times until you feel comfortable with them. Then ask your partner, still with eyes closed, what they are feeling.
For my sources see: Recommended Reading
In this exercise, we are going to practice feeling the aura of another person, so you will need a partner to practice with. Here’s how it works:
1) As in Energy Exercise #2 sensitize your hands by rubbing them together, but instead of placing the palms facing together, put your arms out with palms facing out, as if you were gesturing to stop.
2) Stand at one end of the room while your partner is at the other. Close your eyes and slowly walk toward your partner, having your partner guide you if you get off course. As you could feel the energy between your palms, you are looking for a similar feeling when you reach the edge of your partner’s energy field.
3) Keep your eyes closed, but take note of the various levels of energy you feel. Move back and forth to explore the sensations.
4) Repeat the exercise, this time with your eyes open. Stop where you feel the first layer of resistance. Have your partner raise his or her arms straight out in front. Usually the perimeter of the aura is a hand’s length beyond the reach of a person’s arms. I have found that depending on an individual’s boundaries and current emotions, it can be larger or smaller, but in general, it is around an arm’s length. Where did you feel it? Most feel it near this perimeter, though you can also feel other “layers” closer to the body. Reverse roles and try the experiment again.
For my sources see: Recommended Reading
In this exercise, we are going to create a ball of energy.
1) Start as you did with Energy Exercise #1, but when your hands are six inches apart, imagine that you are holding a ball of energy. At first this ball is like and empty bowl, a shell, but your are filling it with the energy between your hands.
2) As you breathe out, imagine that you are blowing out energy, exhaling from your mouth, and also “exhaling” from your palms. This energy helps fill the ball. Feel it fill up. Intend to make the ball thicker and more solid. At first this will feel like you are playing pretend and making it up, but such play-acting is the way energy responds to our thoughts. By acting as if the energy is changing, it does.
3) Once you have a “solid” ball of energy floating between your hands, you can literally play with it. You can make it smaller and more dense. You can stretch it out like taffy. Discover how mutable energy can be, responding to your intent and commands.
4) When done, bring your hands together and imagine you are absorbing the energy. Then wipe off your hands to remove any excess.
Later, as you learn to work more with energy, you can draw more energy from your environment, and not necessarily your own personal energy, to create energy balls. They can then be “charged” with an intention, such as healing, and given to other people, animals, plants, and places to make your magick. You will not be limited to balls of energy, but any shape and size you can imagine. I like to weave energy “webs” of protection around myself and my home. Now that you have a feel for the power of your own personal energy, if you have a partner in this work, or a willing friend or family member, you can discover how your energy interacts with others.
For my sources see: Recommended Reading
- Questions To Ask A Reiki Master by shirleytwofeathers - 2 Comments
- Advantages of A Whole Body Treatment by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Brief Bio of Dr Usui by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Reiki Energy Is Never Depleted by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- How Reiki Works by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment