Questions To Ask A Reiki Master
Finding the right person from which to learn the healing art of Reiki, and receive the Reiki Attunements can be confusing and a little intimidating at first. Here is a list of questions compiled by William Rand that will help guide you in your search for the right teacher for you, and give you a better understanding of what it is they offer in their classes.
If you are already a Reiki Master, and offering classes, this list of questions can serve as a guide as to information you might want to provide in your flyers, class materials, and brochures.
- How long have you been working with Reiki?
- What training have you had?
- How often do you teach?
- How do you personally use Reiki?
- What is your lineage?
- Will this training initiate me into, or progress me within the Usui lineage?
- What qualifications are required to take Reiki Training?
- What do you cover in your classes?
- How many hours of class time is included?
- How much time is instructional, and how much is hands on practice?
- What are the specific things I will be able to do after taking the training?
- What are your fees, and will I receive a certificate and a manual?
- Can I take notes and tape record the class?
- How many symbols (if any) will I learn?
- Is there a Reiki support group in my area or can you help me establish one?
- Will you openly support me in being a successful Reiki practitioner or master?
- Do you have a positive respectful attitude toward other Reiki practitioners and masters, regardless of lineage or affiliation?
Be aware of how you feel about their answers and if they are responding in a loving manner that is supportive and empowering. Listen to your heart and you will be guided to the right teacher.
From: The Reiki News, Autumn 2002