Questions To Ask A Reiki Master
Finding the right person from which to learn the healing art of Reiki, and receive the Reiki Attunements can be confusing and a little intimidating at first. Here is a list of questions compiled by William Rand that will help guide you in your search for the right teacher for you, and give you a better understanding of what it is they offer in their classes.
If you are already a Reiki Master, and offering classes, this list of questions can serve as a guide as to information you might want to provide in your flyers, class materials, and brochures.
- How long have you been working with Reiki?
- What training have you had?
- How often do you teach?
- How do you personally use Reiki?
- What is your lineage?
- Will this training initiate me into, or progress me within the Usui lineage?
- What qualifications are required to take Reiki Training?
- What do you cover in your classes?
- How many hours of class time is included?
- How much time is instructional, and how much is hands on practice?
- What are the specific things I will be able to do after taking the training?
- What are your fees, and will I receive a certificate and a manual?
- Can I take notes and tape record the class?
- How many symbols (if any) will I learn?
- Is there a Reiki support group in my area or can you help me establish one?
- Will you openly support me in being a successful Reiki practitioner or master?
- Do you have a positive respectful attitude toward other Reiki practitioners and masters, regardless of lineage or affiliation?
Be aware of how you feel about their answers and if they are responding in a loving manner that is supportive and empowering. Listen to your heart and you will be guided to the right teacher.
From: The Reiki News, Autumn 2002
2 Responses to Questions To Ask A Reiki Master
Leave a Reply
- Questions To Ask A Reiki Master by shirleytwofeathers - 2 Comments
- Advantages of A Whole Body Treatment by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- How Reiki Works by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Reiki Energy Is Never Depleted by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Brief Bio of Dr Usui by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Kristofer Van Wagner: Learning Reiki
- Sri Yantra Manifestation System: Questions To Ask A Reiki Master
- Nancy Clifford: Feeling The Flow of Reiki
- Steve Bagby, Sr.: Power Points On The Body
- Dori laszló: reiki-lineage-chart-v3
I love the first question about finding out how long a Reiki master has been practicing. I think that assessing the master’s credentials will help when looking for the best Reiki class available. My wife is thinking about looking for a class, so she’ll definitely want to ask these questions to have the best healing experience.
I always wondered why I felt worse when I would tell people how I’m feeling and they would hit back with “just think positive” and “you’ll get over it”… now I know why. An important article, thank you!