Sleepy Time Herbal Syrup
To make a sleepy time herbal syrup – place about 3/4 cup lemon balm leaves into a small pot and add enough water to just cover the leaves. Simmer, covered partially, until the liquid is reduced in half. Strain out and compost the leaves.
While still quite warm, measure out about 1/2 cup of the concentrated tea and stir 1/4 cup raw honey into it. Add more honey to taste, if you wish.
You can make larger or smaller batches – keeping a ratio of about 2 parts lemon balm infusion to 1 part honey. Store in the refrigerator for a week or so.
Dose by the spoonful at night to help calm and relax everyone from children to adults. (Keeping in mind that honey should not be given to infants under one year old.)
From: The Nerdy Farm Wife
Leave a Reply
- A Healing Herbal Balm by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- A Good Healing Tea by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Ginger Tea For Pain by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Herbs for Pregnancy and Childbirth by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Sister Rose’s Cajun Cough Stopper by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Figs – A Cure For What Ails You by shirleytwofeathers - 5 Comments
- Slippery Elm for Pleurisy by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- A Simple Lotion by shirleytwofeathers - 2 Comments
- Cinnamon Cures and Remedies by shirleytwofeathers - 2 Comments
- Ginger and Pineapple for Sore Throat by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment