Does prayer work? The answer appears to be yes and no. As your feedback comes in I will post a more complete account of our results. To wrap things up in an “orderly” way, I will also post a “recommended reading” list, favorite prayer links, and favorite prayers and affirmations.
It is my intention to make this same project accessible to other people, should they want to try it for themselves, through a link here on the Prosperity Project blog, and also with a link and explanation on the Prayer Request Hot Line page.
As I work on the Prayer Request Hot Line, I will be using our comments about various prayer sites. So, if you would prefer that I not use your comments, or if you prefer that I change your name when posting a comment you may have made about a specific prayer line, please let me know.
Have any of you read the book, “The Autobiography of a Yogi”? If you haven’t, it is well worth reading. And if you have, I have a nice little treat this morning because I discovered that the “Self Realization Society” accepts prayer requests.
Monks and nuns of the Self-Realization Fellowship Prayer Council pray daily for all those who request prayers and for world peace. They are joined by SRF members and friends around the globe who are part of our Worldwide Prayer Circle Each morning and evening the SRF Prayer Council deeply prays for the physical, mental, and spiritual healing of all those whose names have been given to us. All prayer requests are confidential and will remain with our Prayer Council for a period of 3 months.
Here is the link:
I also found a page of quotes about goals:
And a nice affirmation:
Today I wanted to put forth the beginnings of a comprehensive listing of places to call, write, or email for prayer. And I thought you guys might have fun exploring the links. I have tried to find a wide variety of belief systems, and would welcome any other links you might find, comments on experiences, thoughts, feelings, agreements or disagreements, etc.
Here is the first one:
The Franciscans: Like St. Francis of Assisi we are first and foremost called to deepen our union with God in Christ. We seek to make God the most important reality of our lives. As Franciscans, from our life of prayer all else flows. Our Prayer is our greatest gift we can give to you, it is our most valued gift and treasure. It is through prayer & Eucharist that gives us life and nourishes us spiritually and physically in order that we may be good and faithful ministers to God’s people. Prayer Request Page
So this morning I will be systematically going to each site, while I am there, I will copy a small description (for our list), and request prayer. And eventually we will have a detailed, comprehensive list that might be really useful. What follows is the long list of sites I will be working my way through, with many more as yet not found. Join me! Come on.. it will be fun.
- http://www.spiralvisions.com/archives/prosperity/ a blog about healing and prosperity.. kinda cool
Feeling adventurous today? How about this? I found the official website of the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. And they accept prayer requests. Isn’t that cool? Here is a direct link to the prayer request page.
If you want to browse the site first, you can go to www.nationalshrine.com. The easiest way to get to the prayer request page, is to scroll down to the bottom of the page, find the site map and look for the submit prayer request link there.
This is what they have to say about prayer requests. “Mary’s maternal intercession is very powerful. We welcome your prayer requests at her National Shrine. Prayer requests are received here at the Shrine to be remembered in our daily Masses and devotions through the intercession of the Immaculate Virgin Mary. May God bless you.”
So I thought this would be a little different.. Mary, the mother of Jesus, will do the praying for us. Nifty huh?
I found a really beautifully crafted website that offers (for a small fee) to put your prayer as close to God’s ear as possible. The website url is: www.letter2god.com in case any of you want to go and see what that is all about.
I also found a site www.greatercalling.org They set up conference calls for people who want to pray together, and I thought that was interesting too. Especially if you have a group scattered all over the place and you want to pray together.
I checked out the science of mind website, and looked at their online form for creating an “affirmitive mind treatment”. That was nifty, and I encourage you all to do that.
I found www.claretians.org where, for a donation of $10 or more, your prayers are joined with those of the thousands of St. Jude devotees in every corner of the world. I liked their picture of St Jude. It looks like he is wearing a giant penny with Jesus on it.
At www.prayer.la prayers are posted, and then anyone who wants to can go see the prayer request, pray for that person, and then send them a short email saying that they have prayed for them. A concept called “PUSH” was discussed there: “Pray Until Something Happens”.
My absolute favorite link was this one:
Find, compare and buy Pray.
Setting Goals and making that first call.
Setting clear and specific goals will enable you to determine just how successful the prayers have been. After making your first call to Silent Unity, log on, post your name, your goals, and share your first prosperity prayer experience.
The number to call is 1-800-669-7729 or 816-969-2000.
Logging on and sharing your goals and experiences is easy, just click on the “comment” link at the bottom of this post. The idea is to make a commitment to the project by calling for prosperity prayers every day for 30 days, and then posting your experiences (good and bad). At the end of the 30 days – we will evaluate our progress and determine if prayers for prosperity do indeed work.. and if so are the results consistent.
We look forward to sharing the journey with you.
- Lets Burn Some Bay Leaves Bay leaves are a common staple on most people's her...
- A Nice Violet Flame Meditation From the Daily Om, here is a very simple and very nice...
- Feng Shui In The Bathroom I found this great little article about How A Bathr...
- How To Call Your Energy Back We learned today, that it is important to Reclaim Your...
- Make Your Own Violet Fire It occurred to me how much fun it might be to make...
- Newton’s Second Law Newton’s second law–When a force acts on an object, the...
- Money Chant – Very Fast This is a very fast version of the Money Formula Ch...
- About the Didgeridoo The didgeridoo is probably the world's oldest music...
- Dining Room Feng Shui A feng shui dining room is one that arouses hunger...
- Why The Violet Flame? In the process of expanding the Inspiration and Ins...
- I Invoke and Dream Awake This is the Spirit Rap that first caught my attenti...
- Our Current Project We are currently on hiatus, having just finished 30...
- The Ganesh Oracle Look what I found! Whispers of Lord Ganesha oracle...
- Don’t Look Back Don't look back. You're not going that way.
- Morning Coffee Magick Did you know that coffee has magickal properties? Accor...
- Good Morning! Good Morning- If you want to be happy , be! ~Leo Tol...
- Working With The Violet Flame I found this simple explanation on working with the...
- Losing Focus? Maybe these inspirational and motivational quotes will...
- Violet Flame From The Central Sun! This is the first Decree in the I AM Decrees Book One...
- Luxuriously Delicious Ideas For The Bath In yesterday's post, we learned that Flower cleansing b...