When former president Tabaré Vázquez created the ‘Día del nunca más’ (‘Never Again Day’) in 2006, he envisaged it drawing a line under the:
“horror of the recent past to salve the open wounds left by the dictatorship”
Ten years on and it is a safe bet that the ‘Never Again Day’ will in fact never be celebrated again.
I love the idea of a “Never Again Day.” It didn’t work for President Vázquez of Argentina, but maybe it could work on a personal level for those of us who need to take some time to make note of and work to change our most familiar patterns of self destruction.
Leave a Reply
- A Traditional Wassail Recipe for Yule by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Ves Heill – Be Healthy by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- The Birth of The Unconquered Sun by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Lighting The Yule Log by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Celebrating The Winter Solstice by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment