Notes: I am assuming that this counting of the days begins and ends with the new moon. Notice that there are 29 days listed even though it only takes the moon 27.3 days to orbit the earth. I also found the juxtaposition of the Major Arcana of the Tarot with Old Testament happenings, and the Goddess Hecate (see day 27), an interesting mix.
1. The Juggler, or Magus— The first day of the moon is that of the creation of the moon itself. This day is consecrated to mental enterprises, and should be favorable for opportune innovations.
2. Pope Joan, or Occult Science — This day is propitious to revelations, initiations, and great discoveries of science.
3. The Celestial Mother, or Empress— The third day was that of man’s creation. So is the moon called the MOTHER in Kabbalah, when it is represented in association with the number three. This day is favorable to generation, and generally to all productions, whether of body or mind.
4. The Emperor, or Ruler— The fourth day is baleful; it was that of the birth of Cain; but it is favorable to unjust and tyrannical enterprises.
5. The Pope, or Hierophant— The fifth day is fortunate; it was that of the birth of Abel.
6. The Lover, or Liberty— The sixth is a day of pride; it was that of the birth of Lamech, who said unto his wives; “I have slain a man to my wounding, and a young man to my hurt. If Cain shall be avenged sevenfold, truly Lamech seventy and sevenfold.” This day is propitious for conspiracies and rebellions.
7. The Chariot— On the seventh day, birth of Hebron, who gave his name to the first of the seven sacred cities of Israel. A day of religion, prayers and success.
8. Justice— Murder of Abel. Day of expiation.
9. The Old Man, or Hermit— Birth of Methucelah. Day of blessing for children.
10. Ezekiel’s Wheel of Fortune— Birth of Nebuchadnezzar. Reign of the Beast. Fatal day.
11. Strength— Birth of Noah. Visions on this day are deceitful, but it is one of health and long life for children born on it.
12. The Victim, or Hanged Man— Birth of Samuel, Prophetic and kabbalistic day, favorable to the fulfilment of the great work.
13. Death— Birthday of Canaan. the accursed son of Cham. Baleful day and fatal number.
14. The Angel of Temperance— Blessing of Noah on the fourteenth day of the moon. This day is governed by the angel Cassiel of the hierarchy of Uriel.
15. Typhon, or the Devil— Birth of Ishmael. Day of reprobation and exile.
16. The Blasted Tower— Birthday of Jacob and Esau; the day also of Jacob’s predestination, to Esau’s ruin.
17. The Glittering Star— Fire from heaven burns Sodom and Gomorrah. Day of salvation for the good, and ruin for the wicked; on a Saturday dangerous. It is under the dominion of the Scorpion.
18. The Moon— Birth of Isaac. Wife’s triumph. Day of conjugal affection and good hope.
19. The Sun— Birth of Pharaoh. A beneficent or fatal day for the great of earth, according to the different merits of the great.
20. The Judgment— Birth of Jesus, the instrument of God’s judgment. Propitious for divine revelations.
21. The World— Birth of Saul, material royalty. Danger to mind and reason.
22. Influence of Saturn— Birth of Job. Day of trial and suffering.
23. Influence of Venus— Birth of Benjamin. Day of Preference and tenderness.
24. Influence of Jupiter— Birth of Japhet.
25. Influence of Mercury— Tenth plague of Egypt.
26. Influence of Mars— Deliverance of the Israelites, and passage of the Red Sea.
27. Influence of Diana, or Hecate— Splendid victory achieved by Judas Maccabeus.
28. Influence of the Sun— Samson carries off the gates of Gaza. Day of strength and deliverance.
29. The Fool of the Tarot— Day of failure and miscarriage in all things.