Basil Water For Breastfeeding
Basil is believed to stimulate milk flow and an excellent source of carotene, niacin, thiamine and iron. It calms the nerves and initiates the let-down reflex. It aids digestion, reduces flatulence and increases appetite. You can also add basil leaves to your tea, milk, soups and cooked vegetables.
- 7-8 fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup filtered water
- ½-1 tsp honey (optional)
In a pan add water and crushed/finely chopped basil leaves. Bring the mixture to boil. Simmer and let the leaves steep for about 5 minutes. Remove from the flame and sieve through a cup. Add honey to taste. Serve warm. Have 1-2 cups a day.
Found at: Dr Bar
Leave a Reply
- About Healing By Medicine by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Healing With The Fingertips by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Ladybird Toothache Cure by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Nature Cure For Epilepsy by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- 3 Pow Wow Epilepsy Cures by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment