It is said that if a human drinks from fairy wine, he or she will see fairies. If a fairy happens to drink from the same goblet, then the person will see fairies forevermore. The following is a traditional recipe for fairy wine.
- 7 lbs. elderberries, stripped and stalked
- 3 gallons boiling water
- 6 cloves
- 3 lbs. loaf sugar
- 1 lb. seedless raisins
- 1/2 oz. ground ginger
- 1/2 oz. yeast
Place the berries in a large pot, and cover with the boiling water. Let the pot rest for twenty-four hours, then mash the fruit and strain it through a jelly bag. Place the strained fruit back in the pan, and add the cloves, sugar, raisins, and ginger. Boil this mixture for one hour, skimming constantly. Let it cool, and add the yeast. Bottle and cork the mixture, and let it rest for at least three months.
~courtesy of Tammy Sullivan
Leave a Reply
- Spirit Water by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Calling Up The Dead Incense by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Dreams of the Dead Incense by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Magickal Powder for Information and Communication by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Some Simple Luck Charms by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment