- 1/4 cup almond or other carrier oil
- 8 drops pine oil
- 8 drops cedar
- 5 drops juniper
- ground myrrh – approx 5 or 6 small lumps
- ground frankincense – approx 5 or 6 small lumps
Grind the frankincense and myrrh into a very very fine powder. Heat them with the carrier oil over very very low heat or in a small potpourri cooker for about an hour or so – when the fragrance is released you will know it is time.
Once that is done add your essential oils and combine all ingredients. For a decorative touch, add a sprig of pine or cedar to the bottle.
by Dawn Walenda
- 1 cup salt
- 3 drops rose geranium oil
- 4 drops synthetic ambergris oil
- 2 drops pine oil
- 8 drops magnolia oil
Lightly mix the ingredients together and place them in a jar for storage. Use during the Waning Moon
Add the essential oils drop by drop, one ingredient at a time, until the scent seems right. Mix with a spoon (or shake) until all salt particles are moistened. Be prepared to spend some time doing this, perhaps a half hour or so. Here is where a plastic bag comes in handy!
If the Bath Salts are mixed for a ritual purpose, visualize the energies within the oils merging with each other and with the salt as you mix. Keep the salt’s goal in mind while you stir. Use or store until needed.
From: Moon Magick
- 5 drops of essential oil of Silver Fir
- 5 drops of essential oil of Myrtle
- 5 drops of essential oil of Pine
- 1 shot of Vodka
- 5 drops of Larch Flower Essence Remedy
- Pine scented candles
Add the essential oils to a shot of Vodka. Shake it up to distribute the oils. Throw the now scented Vodka into a bathtub filled with warm water. Add the Larch Flower Essence to the bath. Light the pine scented candles. Soak in the bath and feel your energy returning.
This is highly recommended for a preliminary cleansing when moving into a new home. This floorwash removes old vibrations and emotions lingering from past residents and allows you to begin with a fresh slate.
- Make a strong infusion from basil, hyssop, and pine needles.
- Strain and add to a bucket of rinse water, with vinegar.
- Cleanse floors and surfaces as needed.
While this is called a “floor wash” it’s actually more of a rinse. So, you will always begin with a clean floor. The reasoning behind this practice is to infuse the surface with the vibrations of the wash, so that it will then attract or dispel the corresponding energies.
Traditional methods call for you to scrub the floor on your hands and knees. The repetitive motion and low concentration level needed allow for a shift in consciousness to take place. Incorporating a chant as you wash will boost the powers of the wash and help your goal to manifest even faster. Remember to be as specific as possible in the wording of your chant.
The floor (or other surface) should be allowed to air-dry, so that its power radiates into the surrounding atmosphere.
Found in: Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells
- Symbolizing: Sun, Purification, Consecration, Protection, Spiritual Illumination
- Forms: incense, oils
- Divinities: Sun Gods, Ra at Dawn, Bel
- Symbolizing: Healing, Death and Afterlife, Purification, Inner Peace
- Forms: incense, oils
- Divinities: Isis, Ra at Midday
- 2 drops of each Cinnamon and Clove oil
- 1 drop of mandarin oil
- 1 drop of popine oil
- 2 drops each Frankincense and Myrrh oil.
- 2 parts Frankincense
- 2 part Pine Needles or resin
- 1 Part Cedar
- 1 Part Juniper Berries
Other Scents and Incense for Yule
Mix and smolder on Yule (on or around December 21st), or during the winter months to cleanse the home and to attune with the forces of nature amid the cold days and nights.
- 3 cups fresh Juniper Sprigs -with berries
- 2 cups red Rosebuds
- 1 cups Bay Leaves
- 1/4 cup Cinnamon chips
- 2 tablespoons Cloves
- 10 drops Rose Oil
- 3 drops Pine Oil
- 6 drops Cinnamon Oil
- 1 tablespoon Orrisroot chips
- 5 whole dried Rose Blossoms
- 3 three-inch Cinnamon sticks
- 20 assorted Pinecones, painted gold (the gold paint is optional)
Combine the juniper, rosebuds, bay leaves, cinnamon chips, cloves, and cones in a big ceramic bowl. In a separate dish, mix the oils with the orrisroot. Stir this mixture into the first one and put into a closed container to mellow for a few weeks, stirring occasionally. Place the potpourri in a dish and scatter the roses blossoms and cinnamon sticks on top.
Add the following ingredients to 1/8 cup of jojoba oil. As you mix the oils, inhale the aroma and visualize the intended purpose for the blend. For best results, use therapeutic grade organic oils instead of synthetics.
- 3 drops Pine
- 2 drops Cardamom
- 1 drop Black Pepper
You can wear Scorpio oil when the moon is in Scorpio, and also when the Sun is in Scorpio. If you are a Scorpio, wear the blend to increase your personal power.
Note: This post was written by Shirley Twofeathers for Gypsy Magic, and was moved to its new home here at The Magickal Apothecary. You may repost and share it only if you give me credit and a link back to this website. Blessed be.