Easy and Simple
A glass of pure spring water is typically maintained on an altar, to call in spirits and feed the ancestors. Many find Spirit Water a stronger substitute. This is a favorite of the Spiritualist community and may be used to summon your own ancestral spirits, or in seances or other necromantic spells.
- Here’s how:
Add one teaspoon of anisette to a glass of spring water. Place it on the altar instead of, or in addition to, the standard glass of plain water.
From: Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells
- Spread candies and coins around your house, especially in the corners of rooms.
- Wear coral, wash it with Holy Water and/or Coconut water (the liquid from a coconut) to replenish it’s powers.
- Bathe in Laurel leaves.
- Make a small mojo with equal portions of Pine Needles, Lavender, Laurel ,Geranium Leaves, Patchouli and keep under your pillow.
- Keep a small package of Alfalfa in a cupboard to bring good luck to the home.
- Place dried seaweed under the busiest portion of the house to draw luck and prosperity to you.
- To change your luck, add one tablespoon of nutmeg to six cups of boiling water. Steep for three hours. Use for body anointing or add to a ritual bath.
Collected from various sources
Because unicorns possess such a pure, bright, and positive vibration, they can be enlisted to powerfully shield us from harsh, unhealthy, and negative energy of all varieties.
To create a highly protective charm:
Find a unicorn pendant that you love. Empower it in bright sunlight at the stroke of noon, and the light of the full moon at the stroke of midnight, for at least five minutes each. Then wear it whenever you need an extra dose of positivity and protection.
Source: Tess Whitehurst
When the day approaches noon,
Hold up honey to the sun,
That their double gold may run
Shining together, mixed as one.
Drink three spoonfuls,
Then say this:
Sun charge me
Gold serve me,
Alchemy change me,
Honey preserve me.
Crone’s Book of Magical Words
When you burn dried herbs or resins, you’ll need a heat tolerant vessel. Traditionally this is an abalone shell with a bit of sand in the bottom. You might also use a charcoal disc beneath the herbs to keep them smoking, especially in the case of resins. Here are some plants commonly used as incense and their magickal uses:
- Allspice: Attracting money, good luck, and providing extra physical energy.
- Arabic(gum): Attracting money, good luck, and providing extra physical energy.
- Bay: Purification, healing, protection, and enhancing psychic powers.
- Benzoin: Purification, prosperity, and increasing mental powers.
- Cedar: Purification, protection, speed healing, promoting spirituality, and obtaining money.
- Clove: Protection, exorcism, money, love, and purification.
- Copal: Protection, cleansing, purification, spirituality, and purifying quartz crystals and other stones before use in magic ritual.
- Dragon’s Blood: Love, protection, sexual prowess, and exorcism.
- Fern: House purification, or, when burned outdoors, bringing rain.
- Frankincense: Protection, spirituality, love, exorcism, and consecration.
- Juniper: Exorcism, protection, healing, and love.
- Lavender: Peace, restful sleep and happiness. Relief of insomnia, depression, grief, sorrow and anxiety.
- Mugwort: Used to cleanse space of negative energies. When burned before bedtime, known to stimulate dreams.
- Myrrh: Healing, protection, peace, consecration, exorcism, and meditation.
- Pine: Money, healing, exorcism, and purification.
- Rose: Who knew people burn dried rose petals for incense? Attracts love, enhances a romantic environment. Also used for meditation and encouraging peace.
- Rosemary: Protection, purification, healing, exorcism, and to induce sleep; to restore or maintain youth, bring love, and increase mental and intellectual powers.
- Sage: Spirituality and to promote healing.
- Sandalwood: Spirituality, healing, protection, and exorcism.
- Sweetgrass: Attracts positive energy into the space. Is good for cleansing sacred space.
- Thyme: Purification, promoting health, and healing.
- Make a mild infusion of Calendula flowers.
- Soak cotton pads in this infusion.
- Place one over each eye to be granted a vision of the fairies.
Said to help increase your own power. Anoint on the forehead, throat, breast bone, and above the navel. Useful in any ritual when designed to increase your own power in any situation. Anoint on charms for psychic and spiritual development.
Mix together equal parts of grated lemon peel or lemon flowers and frankincense. Add two tablespoons of the powder to two ounces of oil.
This is one of the easiest projects, and was created by our 8-year-old, Willow. Take colored eggshells (she was partial to blue), and grind to a fine powder. Toss in a pinch of rose petals, and you have instant “egg fairy dust.” Of course, she thinks this powder attracts eggplant fairies, so who are we to argue? *smile*
Spell by: Amberflame