Power Oil is generally used to strengthen any spell, whether it is for health, wealth, love, or happiness. A few dabs on clothing helps a person win in a situation where they feel the odds are stacked against them.
- 5 drops frankincense oil
- 2 drops cypress oil
- 3 drops juniper oil
This formula is designed for anointing candles, coins, paper, clothing, or other objects. It is not designed to be worn on the skin. It can be diluted with amount of a carrier oil such as sweet almond oil.
Fill one jar with equal parts of the following herbs and spices:
- Cinnamon [swift results]
- Nutmeg [psychic power]
- Allspice [success]
- Ginger [energy]
- Basil [strength]
- Fennel seeds [creativity]
- Garlic [spiritual purification]
- Marjoram [love and happiness]
- Sage [clear out negativity]
- Cloves [command and compel]
- Mustard seed [faith]
Before you do any magical or psychic work, inhale the scent deeply and then shake the jar gently.
The scent of fresh lilac flowers was once thought to drive away ghosts. It is also very effective at relieving stress, and enhancing a child’s educational aptitude. Like many flowers, lilacs can be utilized in love expansion rituals. The sweet fragrance of these seasonal blooms brims with loving energies.
Lilac essential oil is currently only available in a synthetic version. It is, however, possible to make your own. It can be made by infusing Lilac blossoms in oil.
For this, it is best to choose an oil that has minimal fragrance of its own, as you don’t want it to overpower the lilac scent.
- Fill an airtight jar with dry Lilac flower petals, and then cover with the oil.
- Let the petals steep in the oil for three days, shaking the jar occasionally.
- Keep the jar in the sun in the daytime and in a warm cupboard at night.
- Strain out and discard the petals, using a cheesecloth or a non-metal sieve.
- Retain the oil.
- Refill the jar with more fresh, clean, and dry flower petals and cover them with the reserved oil.
- Allow the petals to steep as before.
- Repeat the straining and refilling until the oil has the desired intensity of fragrance.
Store in a cool dark place and use promptly. Vitamin E can be added as a preservative. Pierce one capsule of Vitamin E and add the contents to every cup of infused oil. Alternatively, 1/4 teaspoon of simple tincture of benzoin may be added per cup of infused oil.
Lilac oil can be used to treat rashes and sunburn, minor injuries and scrapes. It is a great skin tightening agent and toner. And the scent is great for easing anxiety.
Lilac oil reputedly repels vampires and is certainly more fragrant than garlic. If you make your own, the lingering aroma should keep the vampire out of the house as well.
Found at: Encyclopedia of Herbology
You can use the aromatic properties of spices to enhance your powers mentally.
Fill a jar with equal parts of the following spices. This will make an all purpose mental power scent jar.
- Cinnamon: For dream magick.
- Nutmeg: For good luck.
- Allspice: For healing.
- Ginger: For lunar magick.
- Basil: For protection.
- Fennel seeds: For spiritual healing.
- Garlic powder: For spiritual purification.
- Marjoram: For protection.
Before scrying, readings, or other psychic work, shake the jar gently and then inhale the scent to enhance your mental powers.
You can also make individual spice jars for specific spells and magickal workings. Or the spices can be combined for special purposes. For example, combine Cinnamon, Fennel, and Ginger for New or Full Moon spells for healing dreams.
The jar is best stored in a private place among your other magickal tools. Your jar should not be revealed to others.
It will last about one year, at which time, you should dispose of the spices by burying them before creating a new mental enhancement jar. Bury the spices on your own property if possible, either that or some beautiful wild place.
Wash the jar with lots of soap and water, and allow it to sit in the sunshine for several days. Now it’s ready to be refilled.
This incense blend is a non-combustible powdered incense blend that you will need to burn on a charcoal block. Charcoal blocks can be purchased at most metaphysical stores and also online. You will need a mortar and pestle to grind your ingredients and tin or jar to keep the incense dry and fresh. The recipe is as follows:
- 2 parts frankincense
- 2 parts sandalwood (powdered)
- 1 part cinnamon (powdered)
- 1⁄4 part sweet orange Essential Oil
- 1 part juniper berries (dried or fresh)
- 1⁄2 part lemongrass (dried)
- 1⁄2 part yarrow (dried)
In a mortar and pestle, powder your frankincense as finely as possible. Combine the frankincense with the sandalwood and cinnamon until blended. Set aside. In the mortar and pestle, crush the juniper berries. They will be fairly easy to crush if they are dried. If they are fresh, freeze them for 30 min or more and then crush them–they will crush much easier. Crush your lemongrass and yarrow separately. Combine all ingredients, including sweet orange essential oil, in the mortar and pestle and blend thoroughly. Enjoy!
Source: Druid’s Garden
A glass of pure spring water is typically maintained on an altar, to call in spirits and feed the ancestors. Many find Spirit Water a stronger substitute. This is a favorite of the Spiritualist community and may be used to summon your own ancestral spirits, or in seances or other necromantic spells.
- Here’s how:
Add one teaspoon of anisette to a glass of spring water. Place it on the altar instead of, or in addition to, the standard glass of plain water.
From: Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells
This incense blend allegedly allows you to contact those who have gone on ahead in your dreams.
Before bedtime, burn the following dried and powdered herbs:
- Star Anise
Permeate the room with the aroma. As you go to sleep, visualize the dream that you need. Try to “begin” the dream before you fall asleep and see what happens.
From: Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells
This magical powder uses the power of Gemini and Mercury to quickly and easily find information and/or to encourage the smooth flow of communication. It can be used by itself, or added to other forms of magick, such as at the bottom of a candle, sprinkled on a written spell, etc.
To start, find and mix the following ingredients with a mortal and pestle:
- Dried white rose petals
- Silver glitter
- Blue powder
- Dried vervain
- Dried orris root
With your finger or a pencil, draw the symbol of Mercury and the symbol of Gemini in the powder. Hold your hands over the powder, asking that the mixture be instilled with the dynamic energies of Gemini. Store the powder in a plastic bag that contains a moonstone.
To put to use, place a teaspoon of the Mercury powder in the palm of your hand and blow off your fingers as you ask the element of air to speed your request and return the necessary details to you as quickly as possible.
Optimum times for the making of this powder are when the Sun, Moon, or Mercury are in Gemini. If it happens that all three are in Gemini at the same time – the power of this powder will be tripled.
- Spread candies and coins around your house, especially in the corners of rooms.
- Wear coral, wash it with Holy Water and/or Coconut water (the liquid from a coconut) to replenish it’s powers.
- Bathe in Laurel leaves.
- Make a small mojo with equal portions of Pine Needles, Lavender, Laurel ,Geranium Leaves, Patchouli and keep under your pillow.
- Keep a small package of Alfalfa in a cupboard to bring good luck to the home.
- Place dried seaweed under the busiest portion of the house to draw luck and prosperity to you.
- To change your luck, add one tablespoon of nutmeg to six cups of boiling water. Steep for three hours. Use for body anointing or add to a ritual bath.
Collected from various sources