- Dragon’s Blood resin (powdered if possible)
- Colorlesss alcohol (such as vodka)
- Tightly sealable jar
- one cinnamon stick (chipped) or 15 cloves or one vanilla bean (chipped) or 9 coffee beans (crushed).
Pour the resin and spices into the jar. Pour in just enough alcohol to cover the resin/spices mixture plus 10% more. Seal the jar. The resin will leach it’s color into the alcohol, faster if it is a powder than if it is resin chunks. The spices will leach their scent into the ink at the same time.
When you think it is dark enough, dip a sterile toothpick into the liquid, and test on the paper you intend to use it with. Let dry: is it indeed dark enough, or does it need more steeping? Continue steeping and testing.
When it is done, strain to remove the resin and spices. Return the liquid to the bottle, use for writing. Be advised that this is not a sun-fast ink, so it should not be used for things that will spend a great deal of time in the direct sunlight.
By: Susan Profit
Leave a Reply
- Fall Sabbat Incense by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Prosperity Dragon Smoke Bath Salts by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Golden Buddha Bath Salts by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Magick Potion Incantation by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Potion for Protection by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment