You can create a Solar Wheel or a Corn Man Wheel using a wire coat hanger, cardboard, and several ears of Indian corn complete with the husks.
The wheel can then be used to decorate your altar, or you could hang it on your door as a decoration and a celebration of the wheel of the year. Corn is a symbol of fertility, and a Solar Wheel invokes the power of the Sun to bring health and happiness to your home.
Here is how to make it:
- Bend a wire hanger into a circle keeping the hook to hang it by.
- Cut out a small cardboard circle to glue the tips of the ears of corn onto.
You may want to create your Corn Man Wheel as a pentagram using five ears, or a Solar Wheel using eight ears to represent one ear for each Sabbat.
- Attach the ears of Indian corn around the perimeter of the wire circle.
- Wrap the husks around and glue where necessary, leave some of the husks hanging loose to fray out from the edges and make it more decorative.
- Where the ears of corn meet in the center, glue them together. This is where the cardboard circle comes in to use.
- Sprigs of wheat, dried flowers, and herbs can be used as decorative filler between the ears of corn.
Here are a variety of different wheels and wreaths that can be made to celebrate the season and the Corn.
Leave a Reply
- Spirit Water by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Calling Up The Dead Incense by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Dreams of the Dead Incense by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Magickal Powder for Information and Communication by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Some Simple Luck Charms by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment