This simple and easy to make medicine bag is specifically for, and said to especially provide relief for seizure disorders. Here’s how to make it:
- Gather Vervain when the sun and/or moon are in Aries.
- Carry the botanical in a bag with a kernel of corn or a piece of grain, plus a one year old penny or other coin of trivial value.
Many of the formulas offered here are intended to be placed in mojo or medicine bags. What follows is a very simple tutorial on how to make a simple drawstring bag using a handkerchief, a ribbon, and a needle and thread.
Note: You can also use a square of fabric the size of a handkerchief.
- Lay a handkerchief out flat and put a ribbon across the middle of it with the ends hanging over a little bit.
- The longer the ribbon is, the easier it will be to tie it together when you are done.
- Also remember that you may want to tie decorations to the ends of the ribbon… so be generous.
- Fold the handkerchief in half with the ribbon on the inside and in the crease.
- Fold the handkerchief again.
- The handkerchief is now folded in quarters.
- The ribbon is at the top and both ends of the ribbon are on the same side.
- Sew up the open sides of the handkerchief.
- Stop sewing right before you get to the ribbon.
- Tie a good knot.
- Then turn the whole thing inside out.
- Pull the ribbons tight and Voila!
You just made a drawstring pouch and it only took about 5 minutes. Cool huh? Now all that’s left is to decorate the outside (optional) and fill up the inside.
Here’s a visual tutorial:
This botanical powder makes no promises about bringing good fortune but allegedly counteracts bad luck and protects from its effects. Nine, seven, and five are numbers of protection – incorporate these numbers into the quantities of botanicals used.
Blend the following ingredients, grinding them together:
- Nine dried bay leaves crumbled
- Juniper berries
- Dried dill
- Dried fennel
- Dried tarragon
Make substantial quantities. Carry some with you in a mojo bag, while keeping more within the home as fragrant, protective potpourri.
Found in: Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells
- Oak Moss,
- One Acorn gathered from the woods,
- One whole Nutmeg,
- Orange peel,
- A quartz crystal,
- Dressed pumpkin seeds.
Decorate with golden beads strung on copper wire. Copper wire helps to hold the magickal charge. Add ribbon, and jute or any other decorative touches. Feel free to add other prosperity herbs to your bag. Dress your conjuring bag with this great magickal oil formula – Pumpkin Seed Prosperity Oil!
Note: The recipe for the pumpkin seeds can be found here: Dressed Pumpkin Seeds
Spell by Silver Ravenwolf