Many people find that if they rub their hands together vigorously first they can feel energy more easily. After rubbing your hands together vigorously to sensitize them if this helps you be more aware of energy.
Run your hands over your own body or that of the person wanting a treatment holding your hands about an inch away from the physical body. Feel for hot and cold spots in the energy field.
Pull out and throw away anything you feel intuitively that you should pull out and envision healing light filling any place where you remove blocks or that feels empty or that you feel needs it. Combing and fluffing the aura with your fingers as though combing hair can also help clear and lighten the aura.
You can also feel for the energy of the Chakras and encourage them to be open and clear and be well seated in the central energy channel. If you feel sticky or dark energy as you do this you can give it to Spirit, the Light, Earth to be transformed.
In addition to pulling out blocks and overcharges in the energy field. Visualize and allow spiritual healing energy to flow freely and fill and charge the person or other, being treated do not try to do anything just allow it to happen. When you visualize spiritual healing energy, you are not using your own personal energy.
This is an even more powerful exercise if you are attuned to Reiki and using the Reiki energy for clearing and healing. Using the universal spiritual healing energy is more effective in any case.
I have become more sensitive to the energy of situations, both positive and negative, and have found the courage to appreciate them all.
Reiki has also helped me in my meditating, making it easier for me to probe into my inner depths.
My overall health has become more balanced and life is more fun than ever before. My compassion has grown, and I often find myself cool and collected in situations that used to set me on fire in the past.
Reiki helps us see others more lovingly, it puts us into a gentle equilibrium of body, mind and soul.
~Frank Arjava Petter
Because it is a channeled healing, the Reiki practitioner’s energies are never depleted. In fact, the Reiki consciousness considers both practitioner and client to be in need of healing, so both receive treatment. Because of this, giving a treatment always increases one’s energy and leaves one surrounded with loving feelings of well-being.
- When a disorder occurs in the body, it does not affect just one part, as it may seem, but affects the entire system.
- It is necessary to remove the cause of discomfort, which may not be in the same location as the pain.
- There is often more than one cause due to the links between bodily functions. Often there are suppressed inflammations in other parts of the body.
- By treating the whole body, all of the important organs will be treated.
- The body will regain its ability to respond when all of the channels are opened to the energy.
- Subtle energy channels and metabolic systems are directly and substantially regenerated during whole body treatment.
- When the client is using drugs or medications, a full body treatment helps to reduce side effects.
- Healthy persons who receive whole body treatments respond more appropriately to their environment.
- It allows for greater openness and awareness in all areas of one’s life.
- Potentially stressful situations are reduced.
- It allows the body to eliminate or counteract germs before they “attack.”
- The person becomes open to learning more easily and quickly.
- Reiki gradually improves the blood circulation, resulting in improved skin tone, when used over a period of time.
- It reduces the intense reaction to the receipt of the increased energy.
For my sources see: Recommended Reading