Here is a list of juices which are particularly good for you. Have one or more of these juices every day, if you can drink a pint, so much the better.
- Apple Juice – A deliciously refreshing drink and good for rheumatism. Helps cure nausea.
- Apricot Juice – Has lots of vitamin A. Will improve the general health.
- Beetroot Juice – Will help low blood pressure, combat acidity, fight anemia and keep the blood in good condition.
- Carrot juice – This is rich in vitamin A, is good for anemia, reduces acidity, helps fight arthritis, relieves nausea, fights mucus, cleans the blood and clears skin conditions such as acne.
- Celery Juice – Clears the skin, relieves nausea, helps to lower high blood pressure and relieves rheumatism.
- Cucumber Juice – Good for arthritis, high blood pressure, the skin and rheumatism.
- Orange and Lemon Juice – Provide plenty of vitamin C and are good for colds and acidity.
- Prune Juice – Very good tonic for the blood
- Spinach Juice – This has a high iron content, combats acidity and clears the skin.
- Tomato Juice – This is full of vitamin A. It will help acidity, arthritis, is a good blood cleanser and helps to fight mucus.
Put half a gallon of blackberries into a preserving pan with 3 tablespoons of water. Set over a slow heat stirring fairly frequently until the fruit is a pulp. Strain through a sieve or muslin bag. Measure the juice, return to the pan and to each quart add one pound of white sugar. Put 1 tablespoon each of cloves, allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg into a small muslin bag and add to the mixture. Boil for quarter of an hour stirring constantly. Remove the spices, add a wineglass of Rum or Brandy. Allow the cordial to cool then bottle and cork tightly.