In the process of clarifying butter, (Simple Recipe For Making Ghee), you can add all sorts of herbs and spices to infuse their aroma and color and give the resulting ghee a delicious taste that will give the food you prepare an even more delicious taste. When making flavored ghee, it’s better to clarify the butter with the boiling method so the herbs or spices have a chance to infuse all their taste. Add your favorite combination of herbs and spices right about when the butter is melted and leave them until the very end of the process.
Here are some popular examples (the quantities are for a pound of butter):
- Garlic ghee: 6-7 crushed or minced garlic cloves.
- Cardamom ghee: 6-7 crushed cardamom pods.
- Mint-Jalapeño ghee: 1/2 cup mint leaves and 1 large, chopped jalapeño.
- Rosemary-thyme ghee: 6 sprigs each of rosemary and thyme.
- Ginger ghee: 2 tbsp fresh minced ginger.
Source: Paleo Leap
Leave a Reply
- How To Get The Best Antioxidants by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Garlic vs Clogged Arteries by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Keep The Cardiologist Away by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- It’s Smart To Eat Fish by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- The Best and Worst of Fish by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment