- 8 oz buckwheat soba noodles
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ½ cup toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons tamari
Boil noodles and drain. Whisk together curry paste, coconut milk, tamari, and almond butter. Add mixture to noodles and stir. Transfer pasta to bowls and top with fresh basil and pepitas for serving.
From: Jen Reviews
- 1 1/2 cups Israeli couscous (8 ounces)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon very finely chopped garlic
- 3/4 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the Israeli couscous and cook until al dente, about 4 minutes. Drain the Israeli couscous, reserving 1 1/2 cups of the cooking liquid; wipe out the saucepan.
Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in the saucepan. Add the chopped garlic and cook over moderate heat until softened. Add the baby peas and toss to coat. Add the couscous, the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 cup of the couscous cooking liquid and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the couscous and peas are tender and coated in a creamy sauce, 3 to 4 minutes. Season the couscous and peas with salt and pepper and stir in the mint. Stir in some of the remaining cooking liquid if the couscous seems dry. Transfer the couscous to a bowl and serve.
From Food and Wine