Ayurvedic Vata Churna
This is a recipe for a Vata Balancing spice mix, used in AyurVedic cooking. I make this churna in small batches and use it often in all my root veggie dishes and in soups as well. This spice powder has a robust deep flavor which perks up the dish and it tastes extra yummy when your vata is imbalanced. The specific spices used in this churna balance the vata dosha.
- 2 tablespoons whole fennel seeds.
- 1 tablespoon whole coriander seeds.
- 1 tablespoon whole cumin seeds.
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric.
- 1 tablespoon dried basil.
- 2 teaspoons powdered ginger.
- 2 teaspoons salt.
- 1 teaspoon asafetida (hing)
Store in a glass jar and it will stay fresh for up to a month.
Source: Rhythm of Healing
Explore The Posts
- How To Get The Best Antioxidants by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Garlic vs Clogged Arteries by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Keep The Cardiologist Away by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- It’s Smart To Eat Fish by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- The Best and Worst of Fish by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment