Here is some great diet advice to keep the cardiologist away:
- The number one advice to keep heart disease away has to be eat more fatty fish, high in omega-3 fatty acids – at least an ounce a day or a fish serving 2 or 3 times a week.
- Also go heavy on garlic, onions and all kinds of other vegetables and fruits to keep plenty of antioxidants in the blood, as well as anticoagulants that protect arteries from clogging.
- Shun fatty animal foods, such as high fat meat and dairy products.
- Use olive oil and canola oil.
- If you drink alcohol, a regular dose of a drink or two a day, especially of wine with meals, may act as antidotes to heart disease, but if you do not already use alcohol, do not start drinking, because the dangers can well outweigh the benefits. If you drink more than two drinks a day, cut down. Heavy drinking harms your heart and your general health and boosts chances of death.
- Restrict coffee to a couple of cups a day if you have heart beat irregularities. There is no known advantage to switching to decaf to prevent heart disease.
Such advice is doubly important if you have already had a cardiovascular problem. “Second-chance diets” can intervene to prevent further damage to arteries, staving off subsequent heart attacks, strokes and other cardiovascular events.
- How To Get The Best Antioxidants by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Gluten-Free Honey Almond Cake by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Keep The Cardiologist Away by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- It’s Smart To Eat Fish by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- The Best and Worst of Fish by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment