An Easy Mulberry Sorbet
Beat the summer heat with a cool and scrumptious Mulberry Sorbet. This is an easy recipe which is made with mulberries and honey.
Here’s what you will need:
- An ice crushing blender or a small food processor
- 8 oz frozen Mulberries
- 3 to 4 tablespoons simple syrup as a sweetener (or agave or honey or maple syrup)
- And just a squeeze of lemon juice or lime juice
You don’t need an ice cream maker for this recipe because you’re making small batches of sorbet. The blender will be crushing the frozen fruit to very small pieces to make it almost as small as with an ice cream maker.
- Roughly weigh out the frozen fruit and place it in a small food processor or ice crushing blender.
- Pulse to crush the fruits into small pieces and add the sweetener, a tablespoon at a time (while pulsing) to create a smooth sorbet-like paste.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice and run the blender for a few seconds to mix.
- In addition to the sweeteners, you can add water or orange juice or lemonade IF your blender needs a little extra liquid to make that sorbet!
This recipe for sorbet is best eaten immediately – straight after blending.
- Note: Traditional sorbet has a lot more sugar added to it, to allow the sorbet to be softer in consistency and scoopable even when frozen.
Because this easy fruit sorbet has far less sugar than a traditional sorbet, it will harden more when frozen. But it will be just like sorbet as soon as it’s blended! So it’s perfect as an easy alternative for sorbet and a quick and healthy, refreshing summer snack or treat!
However, you can freeze it for later too. You will have to let the sorbet soften a little at room temperature so that it can be scooped easily.
From: The Flavor Bender