Monthly Archives: June 2017
- Elderberries (destalked)
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 pint Double cream
- 2 Egg whites
First pick your elderberries. The easiest way is to snip off whole bunches, and then strip the individual berries off using the prongs of a fork at your leisure. I picked about half a carrier bag of bunches, which came out to a big saucepan of berries.
Put the berries into a saucepan with a little water, a sprinkling of sugar and the juice of half a lemon. Go steady on the sugar, you can always add more later if you need to.
With a lid on the saucepan, gently simmer for about 45 minutes, or until the berries have gone very soft. Leave to cool, and then push the berries through a sieve, discarding the pips that remain. This will leave a rich elderberry syrup. Taste it, and add more sugar if required. As a guide I had about a pint of syrup at the end.
Whip half a pint of double cream until it stands in peaks, and in a separate bowl whisk two eggwhites until they are stiff enough to tip the bowl upside down. This can be quite a feat with a hand whisk!
Fold the cream, egg whites and elderberry syrup together gently, until the whole mixture is a uniform lurid purple. Pour into a suitable freezer container – I used a Pyrex glass bowl. Then stick it into your freezer.
By John Kennett
Dr. Johanna Brandt wrote the classic book The Grape Cure in 1926 describing in detail how she cured herself of a particularly aggressive form of stomach cancer. Johanna tells how years of fasting had had no effect on the cancer and the book sets out the full protocol of the diet based purely on grapes that finally cured her in only six weeks. She lived another 40 years, well into her eighties, completely cancer free. The book also goes on to describe how five terminally ill patients in a New York hospital were all cured along with many other case histories.
Eat the Fruit not the Supplement
Science has since backed up the extraordinary medicinal effects of grapes with several discoveries of particular substances which have been shown to have far reaching health effects on the body. These are easily researched and many extracts are now available as supplements but I am a firm believer in obtaining as natural a source as possible, from the original fruit, herb or vegetable because the synergistic value of the combined properties of the whole far outweighs isolated extracts as far as integration and absorption are concerned.
The Easy Grape Cure is an excellent detoxification program which can be undertaken as often as required to cleanse the whole system. She has recommended this regime to hundreds of people and so far reports have included:
Multiple Benefits of The Cure:
- Increased mobility and relief from swelling and pain in cases of arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Reduction in allergic responses to many common foods
- Better quality of sleep
- Increased energy
- Effortless weight loss
- Increased libido
- Thickening of hair
- Relief of PMT and menopausal symptoms such as hot flushes, mood swings and many indicators of hormonal imbalances
- Hemorrhoid relief
- Swifter healing and recovery from surgery
Eat a normal diet from 12 noon until 8pm and then do not eat ANYTHING until 7 am the next day and only drink water.
From 7am until 10am slowly sip 24 fl oz (0.72 litres) of unsweetened grape juice. For a small person or child 12oz is sufficient. Take NOTHING ELSE during this time other than water.
The timetable may be varied but there must be at least an 11 hour gap between the last meal of the day and the start of drinking the grape juice to ensure a COMPLETELY EMPTY STOMACH.
• The juice can be varied by eating an equal weight of well washed whole grapes, skin and all or substituting half and half, 12 oz of grapes and 12 fl oz of grape juice.
• For a change you can eat either red or white grapes and drink red or white grape juice.
• Grape skins contain resveratrol, a phytoalexin, and other potent anticancer chemicals. Grape seeds contain pycnogenol, which is reputed to have anti-cancer properties, so if you can, crunch a few rather than spitting them all out.
• The sterilising of the grape juice sold by supermarkets does not reduce the effect of the juice.
• Although Wortman states eating your normal diet between the hours of midday and 8pm it seems sensible to me to make a special effort to eat healthily. Avoiding fried, fatty and processed foods and eating those rich in enzymes, plenty of salads and vegetables with a moderate amount of lean meat and dairy products is just common sense but you should in no way restrict the quantity you eat, your body needs extra resources while fighting any illness and even though I lost weight it was not achieved through reducing calories.
• Tomatoes contain lycopene, an antioxidant with strong anti-cancer effects. For maximum absorption they must be eaten with a small amount of oil, as in tomato sauce or a fresh tomato salad with olive oil.
Ensuring proper absorption:
First of all the stomach must be in a condition to digest the juice, so it can go straight into the blood stream to reach the cancer. If the stomach is already inflamed, ulcerated or weak and passes the juice straight through there will be no beneficial results. It must be digested. The stomach can be strengthened by starting with a small amount of juice, about 6oz and diluted with the same amount of water, then sipped, slowly.
If that digests and does not pass straight through, all is well. Repeat that for several days and then very gradually increase. Little by little the stomach will grow stronger and be able to take the juice straight.
How long before I see results?
Following this method for six weeks usually eliminates internal cancer. Prostate and bone cancers require more time. Total treatments should preferably carry on for eight weeks or more. Wortman warns that this treatment may not be successful with a person who has already had surgery.
For detoxification purposes only I recommend following the diet for two weeks at a time. It can easily and safely be prolonged if you feel you are making progress but are not quite ‘there’ yet.
In my opinion this program is an excellent prophylactic method and may be safely undertaken every few months as part of a health maintenance program.
This paper is freely available for information purposes only. I make no claims that this is a cancer cure or indeed a cure for any disease. If you think you have cancer or a serious illness you must seek medical attention from your physician.
This program is NOT suitable for diabetics or anyone with a blood sugar problem.
With very best wishes,