How To Get The Best Antioxidants
Finding the foods with the most disease fighting antioxidants is a simple matter of paying attention when grocery shopping, and later when preparing meals. When you choose fruits and vegetables, look for those with color, usually the deeper the color, the more antioxidants. Also, fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables have more antioxidants than those that are canned, processed or heated.
Generally you get more antioxidants if you eat:
- Red grapes rather than green or white grapes.
- Red and yellow onions instead of white onions.
- Cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli raw or lightly cooked.
- Garlic raw and crushed.
- Fresh and frozen vegetables rather than canned ones.
- Steam your vegetables instead of boil them.
- Extra virgin cold-processed olive oil
- The deepest, darkest green leafy vegetables.
- Pink grapefruit instead of white grapefruit
- Whole fruits rather than juices.
- Fresh and frozen juices instead of canned ones.
- The deepest orange carrots, sweet potatoes and pumpkins.
Source: Food – Your Miracle Medicine
Leave a Reply
Explore The Posts
- How To Get The Best Antioxidants by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Garlic vs Clogged Arteries by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Keep The Cardiologist Away by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- It’s Smart To Eat Fish by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- The Best and Worst of Fish by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
One Response to How To Get The Best Antioxidants