Here is a recipe for Cinnamon Turmeric Tea to flush inflammation naturally.
Inflammation has been found to be the root of most diseases and ailments, so it is of high importance to fight it and thus improve overall health. The combination of cinnamon and turmeric is one of the most delicious and powerful natural ways to fight inflammation in the body.
These spices are inexpensive, calorie-free and easy to find in most supermarkets and natural foods stores. Because turmeric and cinnamon are safe with no side effects, they may be worth a try for their potential health benefits. Keep in mind that ground spices release flavor more slowly than whole spices.”
Green tea, is a rich source of polyphenols, that fight free radicals and prevent chronic diseases. Green tea regulates blood sugar, helps weight loss, fights inflammation in the gut, and lowers bad cholesterol while increasing good cholesterol. Also, it boosts liver health and the cognitive function, helps weight loss, and lowers risk of heart disease.
Here is how to prepare this miraculous drink:
Cinnamon Turmeric Iced Tea Recipe
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. turmeric
- 1-2 Tbsp. black or green loose leaf tea
- 1 tsp honey
- lemon slices, optional
Add the ingredients to the bottom of a French press, add hot water to about the halfway point, and leave to steep for 5 minutes. Stir once press and leave the mixture to cool.
Pour the tea in a mug, and add the lemon slices. Enjoy and naturally fight inflammation in the body!
Source: Healthy Food House
In Ayurveda, the ancient wisdom of India dating back 5,000 years, this mix of rice and mung beans is considered extremely easy to digest and is said to purify the digestion and cleanse the body of toxins. Ayurvedic physicians often prescribe a kitchari diet before, during, and after panchakarma, a rejuvenative treatment that cleanses toxins stored in bodily tissues as it restores systemic balance.
Kitchari provides solid nourishment while allowing the body to devote energy to healing. You can safely subsist on kitchari anytime in order to build vitality and strength as it helps balance all three doshas. For restless vata, the warm soup is grounding; for fiery pitta, its spices are calming; and for chilly kapha, it provides healing warmth.
According to Vasant Lad, in his book, The Complete Book of Ayurvedic Home Remedies, “A five-day kitchari fast, using plain kitchari with just some chopped cilantro leaves added, will cleanse the system and help to strengthen memory.”
Kitchari fasting is actually a mono-diet, which means the body receives a limited diversity of foodstuffs and therefore needs to produce a limited number of digestive enzymes. The work of the digestive system is lessened, allowing for greater healing and cleansing to occur. A kitchari cleanse can be calming, soothing and warming.
Kitchari tastes like a cross between a creamy rice cereal and a light dal, or lentil soup. If it is a cold, blustery day or you are feeling under the weather, a steaming bowl of this classic Indian comfort food can both warm up your bones and restore sagging energy. Everyone has his or her own special method of making kitchari. Ayurvedic Cooking for Self Healing offers a half-dozen kitchari recipes, including this one found on Yoga Journal:
- 1 cup split yellow mung beans
- 1 tbsp peeled, chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- handful chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp each of cardamom, pepper, clove powder, turmeric, salt
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 tbsp ghee or butter
- 1 cup raw basmati rice
- 6 cups water
First, rinse the mung beans and soak for several hours. Set aside. In a blender, liquefy the peeled, chopped ginger, shredded coconut, chopped cilantro with one-half cup of water. In a large saucepan, lightly brown the spices, salt; and bay leaves (remove before serving) in the ghee, or butter.
Drain the beans and then stir them into the spice mixture in the saucepan. Next, add the basmati rice. Stir in the blended spice and coconut mixture, followed by six cups of water. Bring to a boil, cover, and cook on low heat for approximately 25 to 30 minutes until soft.
Daniel and I are going to try this diet. It’s supposed to work wonders for your body, clearing and detoxing, and giving you a fresh new start.
Here’s the Lemon Drink recipe for a Master Cleanse
- 2 tablespoons FRESH squeezed lemon or lime juice (approx. 1/2 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons genuine organic maple syrup, Grade B (the darker the better)
- 1/10 teaspoon (a small pinch!) cayenne pepper, gradually increase (the more BTUs the better)
- 10-14 oz pure water
- Use fresh lemons or limes only, never canned or frozen lemon juice (organic, vine ripened – if possible).
- Use only real (and organic, if possible) grade B or C maple syrup. (Don’t use Grade A maple syrup or maple-flavored syrup. They are over-refined, which means that they are mostly refined sugars and lack essential minerals.)
- It’s best to make each drink fresh, but if that is not possible (or practical) you can make a larger batch to drink throughout the day. Just be sure to make it fresh each morning.
For larger batches, in a 2 liter bottle mix together the following:
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 6 oz of grade B or C maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne (or more)
- Spring or purified water (fill bottles to the top)
- Mix all the ingredients by thoroughly shaking
Wish us luck! I think we’re going to need it!
Dr. Johanna Brandt wrote the classic book The Grape Cure in 1926 describing in detail how she cured herself of a particularly aggressive form of stomach cancer. Johanna tells how years of fasting had had no effect on the cancer and the book sets out the full protocol of the diet based purely on grapes that finally cured her in only six weeks. She lived another 40 years, well into her eighties, completely cancer free. The book also goes on to describe how five terminally ill patients in a New York hospital were all cured along with many other case histories.
Eat the Fruit not the Supplement
Science has since backed up the extraordinary medicinal effects of grapes with several discoveries of particular substances which have been shown to have far reaching health effects on the body. These are easily researched and many extracts are now available as supplements but I am a firm believer in obtaining as natural a source as possible, from the original fruit, herb or vegetable because the synergistic value of the combined properties of the whole far outweighs isolated extracts as far as integration and absorption are concerned.
The Easy Grape Cure is an excellent detoxification program which can be undertaken as often as required to cleanse the whole system. She has recommended this regime to hundreds of people and so far reports have included:
Multiple Benefits of The Cure:
- Increased mobility and relief from swelling and pain in cases of arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Reduction in allergic responses to many common foods
- Better quality of sleep
- Increased energy
- Effortless weight loss
- Increased libido
- Thickening of hair
- Relief of PMT and menopausal symptoms such as hot flushes, mood swings and many indicators of hormonal imbalances
- Hemorrhoid relief
- Swifter healing and recovery from surgery
Eat a normal diet from 12 noon until 8pm and then do not eat ANYTHING until 7 am the next day and only drink water.
From 7am until 10am slowly sip 24 fl oz (0.72 litres) of unsweetened grape juice. For a small person or child 12oz is sufficient. Take NOTHING ELSE during this time other than water.
The timetable may be varied but there must be at least an 11 hour gap between the last meal of the day and the start of drinking the grape juice to ensure a COMPLETELY EMPTY STOMACH.
• The juice can be varied by eating an equal weight of well washed whole grapes, skin and all or substituting half and half, 12 oz of grapes and 12 fl oz of grape juice.
• For a change you can eat either red or white grapes and drink red or white grape juice.
• Grape skins contain resveratrol, a phytoalexin, and other potent anticancer chemicals. Grape seeds contain pycnogenol, which is reputed to have anti-cancer properties, so if you can, crunch a few rather than spitting them all out.
• The sterilising of the grape juice sold by supermarkets does not reduce the effect of the juice.
• Although Wortman states eating your normal diet between the hours of midday and 8pm it seems sensible to me to make a special effort to eat healthily. Avoiding fried, fatty and processed foods and eating those rich in enzymes, plenty of salads and vegetables with a moderate amount of lean meat and dairy products is just common sense but you should in no way restrict the quantity you eat, your body needs extra resources while fighting any illness and even though I lost weight it was not achieved through reducing calories.
• Tomatoes contain lycopene, an antioxidant with strong anti-cancer effects. For maximum absorption they must be eaten with a small amount of oil, as in tomato sauce or a fresh tomato salad with olive oil.
Ensuring proper absorption:
First of all the stomach must be in a condition to digest the juice, so it can go straight into the blood stream to reach the cancer. If the stomach is already inflamed, ulcerated or weak and passes the juice straight through there will be no beneficial results. It must be digested. The stomach can be strengthened by starting with a small amount of juice, about 6oz and diluted with the same amount of water, then sipped, slowly.
If that digests and does not pass straight through, all is well. Repeat that for several days and then very gradually increase. Little by little the stomach will grow stronger and be able to take the juice straight.
How long before I see results?
Following this method for six weeks usually eliminates internal cancer. Prostate and bone cancers require more time. Total treatments should preferably carry on for eight weeks or more. Wortman warns that this treatment may not be successful with a person who has already had surgery.
For detoxification purposes only I recommend following the diet for two weeks at a time. It can easily and safely be prolonged if you feel you are making progress but are not quite ‘there’ yet.
In my opinion this program is an excellent prophylactic method and may be safely undertaken every few months as part of a health maintenance program.
This paper is freely available for information purposes only. I make no claims that this is a cancer cure or indeed a cure for any disease. If you think you have cancer or a serious illness you must seek medical attention from your physician.
This program is NOT suitable for diabetics or anyone with a blood sugar problem.
With very best wishes,
- 1 part turmeric
- 2 parts ground cumin
- 3 parts ground coriander
- 4 parts ground fennel
Mix these spices together in bulk and store in a jar. When you are cooking a meal, place a small amount of ghee in a frying pan and heat on medium. Add detoxifying spice mixture, measuring out one teaspoon of spice mixture per serving of vegetables. Sauté spices until the aroma is released (but be careful not to burn). Add salt and black pepper to taste. Add steamed vegetables, mix lightly and sauté together for one minute. Or you can sauté the spice mixture in ghee and drizzle on vegetables or grains.
- Two to three thin slices of fresh ginger
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. fennel
- 2 black peppercorns
- 2 leaves of mint
Boil two quarts of water and put it in a thermos flask. Add herbs and let it steep.
- How To Get The Best Antioxidants by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Gluten-Free Honey Almond Cake by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Keep The Cardiologist Away by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- It’s Smart To Eat Fish by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- The Best and Worst of Fish by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment