A great way to make some tea without heating up your kitchen is to use the power of the sun to make sun tea.
Put 4 to 8 tea bags into a clean 2 quart or gallon glass container (4 teabags for a 2 quart container, 8 tea bags for a gallon container). Fill with water and cap. Place outside where the sunlight can strike the container for about 3 to 5 hours. Move the container if necessary to keep it in the sun. When the tea has reached its desired strength, remove from sun and put it in the refrigerator. You may or may not want to remove the tea bags at this point.
The tea will probably taste more mellow than what you are used to from using boiling water. The slow steeping has a way of bringing out a slightly different flavor from the tea. Also, because you didn’t use boiling water, you should refrigerate the tea and drink it up pretty quickly – a day or two. It will not keep as well as iced tea made from boiling water.
Found at: Simply Recipes
Leave a Reply
- How To Get The Best Antioxidants by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Gluten-Free Honey Almond Cake by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Keep The Cardiologist Away by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- It’s Smart To Eat Fish by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- The Best and Worst of Fish by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment