Baked Winter Squash
Here is a simple recipe for baking winter squash, acorn squash, pumpkin, and other edible fall curcurbits. This is a simple recipe, and the ingredients are equally simple. All you need is the ripe squash and oil (or butter).
Here’s the how to:
Cut up the squash, remove seeds and arrange the pieces in a baking dish. Baste the pieces generously with oil or melted butter, and bake in a 350 degree oven from forty to sixty minutes, depending on the size of the pieces. Baste every ten or fifteen minutes for added moistness and flavor.
This recipe can also be made with whole squashes. Baste with oil and bake until knife or fork-tender. When baked whole, it can be carved at the table like a roast.
- equal parts of oil and orange juice
- two parts oil, one part lemon juice, sugar or honey to taste
- a few dashes cinnamon, nutmeg, or allspice in any of the basting mixtures
From: Tasajara Cooking
Leave a Reply
- How To Get The Best Antioxidants by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Gluten-Free Honey Almond Cake by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Keep The Cardiologist Away by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- It’s Smart To Eat Fish by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- The Best and Worst of Fish by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment