Roast Pumpkin with Cream and Parmesan
- 1½ kg pumpkin
- 300ml pot double cream
- 150ml milk
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp thyme leaves
- 85g grated parmesan
Heat oven to 150C/130C fan/gas 2.
Cut lid off pumpkin and scoop out seeds and strands. Put the pumpkin on a baking tray. Meanwhile, heat the cream, milk, garlic and most of the thyme, with plenty of seasoning. When hot, pour into the pumpkin and stir in 50g of the Parmesan. Put on the lid.
Bake for 1½ hrs, take from the oven, then turn up the heat to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6. Remove the lid, sprinkle with pepper and the rest of the cheese, then bake for 15 mins more until golden. Scatter over the remaining thyme leaves. Scoop the pumpkin flesh into bowls with the cheesy cream and serve with crusty bread as a starter.
Recipe from BBC Good Food
Leave a Reply
- How To Get The Best Antioxidants by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Gluten-Free Honey Almond Cake by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Keep The Cardiologist Away by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- It’s Smart To Eat Fish by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- The Best and Worst of Fish by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment