Wild Rose Blossom Ice Cream
Any fragrant edible blossom will do, so long as it is abundant.
- 100 ml full fat milk
- 200 ml double cream
- 4 cups wild rose blossoms
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 egg yolks
- 30 grams caster sugar
Pour the milk and cream into a saucepan with the blossoms and vanilla essence. Heat the mixture until it begins to simmer. Remove, put to one side and let steep for 30 minutes. Strain out the blossoms.
Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until creamy. Then gently pour the cream mixture onto the yolks, whisking all the while. Return the mixture to the saucepan and heat for a minute or two to thicken.
Pour into an ice-cream machine, if you have one, and churn. Otherwise, pour the ice cream into a bowl and freeze. Stir often until it resembles ice cream.
From: Foraging by John Lewis-Stempel
Leave a Reply
- How To Get The Best Antioxidants by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Garlic vs Clogged Arteries by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Keep The Cardiologist Away by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- It’s Smart To Eat Fish by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- The Best and Worst of Fish by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment