Old Fashioned Mulberry Jam
Here is a very old recipe for Mulberry Jam, as give in A Modern Herbal by M Grieve:
- Note: Unless very ripe Mulberries are used, the jam will have an acid taste.
Put 1 pound of Mulberries in a jar and stand it in a pan of water on the fire until the juice is extracted. Strain them, and put the juice into a preserving pan with 3 pounds of sugar.
Boil it and remove the scum.
Put in 3 pounds of very ripe Mulberries and let them stand in the syrup until thoroughly warm. Then set the pan back on the fire and boil them very gently for a short time, stirring all the time and taking care not to break the fruit.
Then take the pan off and let them stand in the syrup all night. Put the pan on the fire again in the morning and boil again gently until stiff.
Leave a Reply
- How To Get The Best Antioxidants by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Garlic vs Clogged Arteries by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Keep The Cardiologist Away by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- It’s Smart To Eat Fish by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- The Best and Worst of Fish by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment