Brazilian Shrimp Stuffed Pumpkin
Camarao na Moranga
- 1 medium pumpkin
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound wild caught large shrimp (prawn), cleaned and deveined
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 cup cream cheese
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 350F/ 180C.
Wash the pumpkin and cut off the top. Scoop out the flesh and remove all seeds. Wrap it in aluminum foil and place it onto a baking tray, cut-off side down. Bake for about 40-50 minutes, until it is nearly soft. Remove it from the oven and unwrap from aluminium foil. Set aside.
In a large pan, heat olive oil on medium heat. Sauté the onion for 2-3 minutes, until golden. Add garlic, chopped jalapeño and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add shrimp to the pan and continue cooking for another minute. Add chopped fresh tomatoes, season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes are soft, for approximately 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add fresh cilantro. Set aside.
Using a spoon, spread the cream cheese inside the pumpkin, trying to coat all the inside area. Pour shrimp stew into the pumpkin and return to the oven. Bake for another 20 minutes, or until cheese melts and pumpkin becomes really soft inside. Remove from oven, sprinkle some more fresh cilantro on top. Serve warm with white rice on the side.
Makes: 4 servings
Source: Adore Foods
Leave a Reply
- How To Get The Best Antioxidants by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Garlic vs Clogged Arteries by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Keep The Cardiologist Away by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- It’s Smart To Eat Fish by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- The Best and Worst of Fish by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment