- Basic Powers: To achieve victory over adversity and justice.
- Pronunciation: “tea-wawz”
A symbol of divine protection, of justice and honor in war or duel. It can be used to defend against or attack known enemies. It ensures victory and the righting of injustice, and can be used to bind an oath. Painted on shields to give bearers more courage and to protect in battle.
This is the great rune of victory and symbolizes kings and leaders of men. Tiwaz is the rune of “might for right” and as such is valuable in a runescript when you have been unfairly denied something or have been falsely accused. It is indicative of the fighting spirit, of trial by combat and fearlessness. It is the primary masculine rune. Victory. Use whenever competition is a factor. Good for health and encourages quick recuperation. In love matters, Tiwaz is used to symbolize the ardent male.
Obtaining just victory and success. Building spiritual will. Develops the power of positive self-sacrifice. Develops the “force of faith” in magic and religion.
tiwaz tiwaz tiwaz
t i i i i i r r r r r
tu ta ti te ter tor
tur tar tir ter tor
ot et it at ut
T i i i i i r r r r r
It can be used in conjunction with the symbol, or chanted while visualizing the symbol. The symbol can be etched into a candle while intoning the chant, and then, as the candle burns, the spell is released and sent.
The Statement of Intent:
Tyr is the way.
He is the sky father
who guides us
thru life winding paths,
never abandons us
This is a modern version of the “Rune Poem” that defines this particular rune. It can be used in combination with the chant, and while creating a talisman or spell that uses the power of this rune.
Rune Yoga, or Runic postures are used to anchor the energy of the Rune in your physical body. More about them can be found here: Runic Postures.
Assume the recommended runic posture and sing the name of the rune in a non-exhaustive way that you can feel your body vibrating – in magic literature it is called vibrating. It could be that you can hear overtones clearer as usual during vibrating. Take this as a good sign. You are visualizing the rune with your inner eye, as its form is being represented by your body and the energies are flowing through your body.
Stand up, with the arms out of the body and inclined downwards, in the form of the sign. The palms of the hands have to look towards the ground although you can also experiment by turning them upwards.
Before practicing a rune it is recommended to know everything on the powers of the rune you want to practice. The flow of energy is different for each rune, a field of research for your sensitivity.
The hand positions, or mudras are effective only after you have anchored the runes in your own aura and body. They can be made silent and unobtrusive.
Leave a Reply
- Animal Symbols and Archetypes by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Sun Storm and Solar Flare Magick by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Sunstone Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Sunflower Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Solar Eclipses by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Herbs by Gender by shirleytwofeathers - 4 Comments
- Purple Loosestrife Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- Heather Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- Magickal Uses of Mud Dauber Dirt by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- Correspondences for January by shirleytwofeathers - 2 Comments