- Ruler: Fairies, Venus
- Element: Air
- Planet: Mercury
- Type: Herb
- Magickal Form: Leaf – fresh or dried, Essential Oil
Thyme was called thymos by the Greeks, which meant “fumigate”. They associated thyme with valor in battle, and the restoration of physical power. Roman soldiers were known to bathe in a decoction of thyme before going into combat, to boost strength and courage. The Sumerians used it as an antiseptic, and in Egypt, thyme was one of the herbs which was used in the mummification process.
Thyme cleanses and renews the spirit and calls angelic forces to one’s aid. Long utilized in the energy cleansing and clearing of temples in Greece, thyme can be burned or strewn to disperse stagnant vibrations and invite the new. Bathe in the oil for serious purification after you have come in contact with death.
Thyme can be used in healing rituals, or to bring about restful sleep. Women who wear thyme on their person are irresistible to men, and carrying sprigs in your pocket aids in developing your psychic abilities. Burn some thyme to help boost your courage before confrontations. Add this herb to foods to increase your awareness, sight, and memory.
It is also used in love spells to invoke more gentleness and understanding into a relationship.
Attractive to the fairy folk, thyme can be grown in the garden to entice their plant blessings, and a little thyme under the tongue allows one to see them more clearly.
An herb that helps connect with psychic consciousness, thyme in a divination formula aids the mind in understanding and deciphering psychic visions and impressions.
Burn as incense or wear to attract good health. Place a sprig beneath your pillow to ensure dream-free sleep. It is frequently burned before ritual to cleanse the area. Burn when asking advice of loved ones who have passed on.
Compiled from various sources.
- Ruler: Jupiter, Hecate
- Element: Air
- Planet: Sun
- Type: Herb
- Parts Used: Fresh sprigs, Dried power, Leaf, Essential Oil
A favorite herb of witches, rosemary also has a long history of being used to counteract bad spells and block their powers. Hang fresh or dried sprigs of rosemary in your home to dispel witchcraft and evil plots. Carry the leaves in a red cloth bag for protection.
The reviving scent of rosemary stimulates the memory and thought processes. Rub the oil into yellow candles and light on a Thursday to improve your study habits and grades. Season food with dried ground rosemary to improve your memory and increase your clarity.
Its scent when burned or added to any herbal preparation adds an energy of protection and purification to a space. The oil applied directly to rashes and skin blemishes clears the area, and when inhaled, its aroma aids the memory and brain functions.
Sprinkling rosemary leaves over a grave brings comfort to the dead and memories for the ones left behind. Rosemary placed in a bath before bedtime wards away nightmares, and when carried in an Herbal Amulet, it gives confidence and courage.
As for Rosmarine, I lett it runne all over my garden walls, not onlie because my bees love it, but because it is the herb sacred to remembrance, and therefore, to friendship…
~Sir Thomas More
- Magickal Purpose: Intellect, Thought, Mental Analysis, Sun, Sunlight, Memory and Creativity
- Magickal Uses: Concentration, creativity, learning, intellectual, knowledge, understanding, astral projection, telepathy, mental abilities, thoughts.
The color gold promotes understanding. Use it in rituals to enhance energy, power and vitality, and to bring success and luck. Gold is also effective in rituals needing solar energy or the power of the sun. Modern day alchemists ingest liquid gold, or aurum, with the belief that it will lengthen the life span and reveal secret wisdom. It is available as a tincture in homeopathic stores. Choose the color gold as an altar cloth or candle to bring prosperity. Wear gold for protection, power, and to draw positive energy.
Here are the magickal correspondences for the color gold:
- Element: Air
- Direction: East
- Chakra: Solar Plexus
- Planet: Sun
- Days: Sunday- Mental Action , Wednesday – Physical Action
- Number: 2
- Magickal Tools: Wand, Sword
- Magickal Forms: metal, candle, cloth, glitter, foil
- Scent/Essential Oil: Lemon, Frankincense, Bay, Patchouli, Marigold, Lavender, Laurel, Cinnamon Orange Blossoms, Musk, Vanilla, Cloves.
- Plant/Herb: Laurel, Vine, Ash, Rue Marigold, St. Johns Wort, Centaury, Chamomile, Mistletoe, Saffron, Begonia, Geranium, Morning Glory, Snapdragon, Daffodil, Rosemary, Sunflower and Daisy.
- Tree/Wood: Ash, Willow
- Animal: Phoenix, Snake, Beetle, Dragonfly, Meadowlark, Chameleon, Antelope, Snake, Crow, Bobcat, Goat, Lion, Mouse, Gull, Sea Lion, Parrot and Oriole.
- Mineral/stone: Topaz, Yellow Diamond, Pyrite Yellow Jacinth,Rutilated Quartz, Clear Quartz, Chrysolite, Goldstone, Citrine, some Tiger Eye, Carnelian, Amber.
- Tarot Cards: Knights, Sixes.
- Gods: Amun Ra, Apollo, Baldur, Bochica, Bragi, Da-bog, Dyaus, Helios, Hyperion, Maui, Mithras, Odin, Ogmios, Ptah,Surya, Tvashtri, Veveteotl, Wayland
- Goddess: Anaterasu, Artemis Calliste, Athena, Aya, Asva, Bast, Brighid, Eos, Hsi-Ho, Igaehindvo, llmater, Maya, Minerva, Muses, Namagiri, Phoebe, Sul, Sunna, Sunniva, Surya,
- Personality: Intellectual, learned, introvert, creative, imaginative
Latin Name: esmaralda/esmaraldus
Magickal form: Raw, polished
Birth stone of: May, Taurus, and the Vine Moon
Magickal Properties: Wealth, Pleasure, Successful Love, Memory
This precious gemstone draws love and admiration. The color of life and nature, the emerald represents all that we hold dear, deep affection, caring souls and life’s pursuits for a fuller, richer future.
It is the birthstone of Taurus and as such, attracts sensual pleasure and wealth. It is also the stone of the Vine Moon in Celtic astrology (Sept 2 thru Sept 29).
The emerald is known as a “stone of successful love”. It is said to provide for domestic bliss and to instill both sensitivity and loyalty within the self and within others.
It can be used to enhance the memory and to stimulate the use of greater mental capacity. The emerald helps to combine intelligence with discernment, allowing for the choice of “right” action to be the only choice available.
Emeralds can be used to open, to activate, and to stimulate the heart chakra, while helping to quiet the emotions. It is a stone to bring harmony to all areas of ones life.
It can also assist in inciting one to activity and to facilitate intensity and focus in ones actions. It can be used to eliminate negativity from ones life and to bring forth the positive actions required to assist one in remaining centered in the practicality of ones lifework.
It can help to bring awareness of the unknown to conscious recognition, helping one to access the laws of order within the universe and to eliminate from ones life that which impedes progress.
It can help one to maintain the rhythmic breathing conducive to entering and to attaining depth in the meditative state. After the meditative state, it helps one to maintain the cool brilliance of the deliberate reflection and to emit the radiance of the light.
It is also said to bring beneficial consequences in matters involving legal affairs.
From: Love is in the Earth