- Ruler: Venus
- Type: Baked good
- Magickal form: Various fillings
Originating in ancient Greece and Rome, pies are associated with happiness, love, and wholeness. Eat cherry pie to increase self-confidence and find self-love. All fruit pies invoke love when shared with another. Meat pies create fillings of security. Place your thumb in a pie and make a wish, it might come true.
Mince pie magick and lore:
Mince pies (sometimes known as mince tarts) are a popular part of Christmas. Most people think they will gain a month of good luck for every mince pie they eat during the Christmas season, as long as a different person makes each pie. One hundred years ago, the tradition was that each pie had to be eaten at a different person’s house, and they had to be consumed between December 25 and January 6. This gave you twelve days in which to eat enough pies to guarantee a year of good luck.
The mincemeat mixture should only be stirred in a clockwise direction. To stir it anticlockwise is to bring bad luck for the coming year. A wish should be made whilst eating your first mince pie of the festive season.
Pies and Their Magickal Qualities:
- Apple pie: Love, Healing, Peace
- Banana cream pie: Money
- Blackberry pie: Money, Sex
- Chocolate cream pie: Money, Love
- Cherry pie: Confidence, Self esteem, Love
- Lime pie: Love, Purification
- Lemon pie: Purification, Love
- Mince pie: Luck, Money (always make a wish when eating a mince pie)
- Pecan pie: Money
- Pineapple pie: Love, Healing, Money, Protection
- Pumpkin pie: Money, Healing
- Raspberry pie: Happiness, Love, Protection
- Rhubarb pie: Protection, Love
- Square sweet pies: Prosperity
- Strawberry pie: Love
From: Encyclopedia of Magickal Ingredients and other sources
- Ruler: Aphrodite / Venus / Mars
- Element: Water
- Planet: Venus
- Type: Spice
- Magickal Form: Ground or whole leaves, Essential Oil
- Magickal Uses: Grieving, Happiness, Love, Money, Protection, Psychic Development, Psychic Protection, Tranquility, Weddings
From the Greek word Eros (mountain) and ganos (joy) it was given the name “joy of the mountain.” The Greeks believed when Marjoram sprung from graves, their loved ones were happy in the after life. In Greek weddings couples wore the herb to symbolize the joyful event.
Perfect as an addition to any herbal love combination, marjoram is sacred to the Goddess Aphrodite. An herb that blends the potent energies of Venus and Mars, marjoram brings strength to the union of marriage. Add marjoram to food to promote love and happiness between family members, and strengthen relationships.
Legend has it that if you anoint yourself with Marjoram before bed, you will dream of your future spouse.
It is a great herb to burn before saying “I love you” to a partner for the first time because it guarantees that these words will be mirrored back.. It is woven into bridal wreaths to bring joy to the marriage. Marjoram should be added to all love charms and sachets.
Burned as an offertory, it promotes spiritual bliss and connection to the Divine. As a symbol of familial love, marjoram sprinkled around the perimeter of the home or grown by the front door protects the inhabitants. Grown in the garden, placed around the house or carried, it shields from evil energies.
When placed inside a coffin with the deceased or grown on top of a grave, this herb is said to deliver the soul safely to the next world. Marjoram brings happiness. When carried by living persons, it cures depression. In case you’re confused about the use for both grieving and happiness, it is meant to restore happiness to the grief-stricken.
Put Marjoram around every room of your house for protection from negativity and evil intent. A bit in each room will aid in protection of the home. Mix it with violets when doing this to protect the family from colds and flu. During the winter make an amulet of marjoram and violets to guard against colds.
More Magickal uses for Marjoram:
- Use it in a bath by placing a mesh bag under the tap water for love and peace.
- Add to money sachets and mixtures.
- Burn it over a burner for help in accepting life changes and for anti-sorcery spells.
- When combined with thyme becomes a powerful spring cleanser.
- Given to a depressed person, marjoram brings happiness.
- Carry it in a sachet to protect against evil.
- Grown in the garden it offers shielding powers against evil.
Information gathered from a variety of sources.
- Magickal Purpose: Intellect, thought, mental, analysis sun, sunlight, memory and creativity
- Magickal Uses: Concentration, creativity, learning, intellectual, knowledge, understanding, astral projection, telepathy, mental abilities, thoughts. Good for students.
Use the color yellow for happiness, healing, success, and fame spells. Conception or fertility magick also use yellow. Offer five yellow fruits or vegetables to a river to protect children. Place yellow flowers in a room to stimulate creative thought. Yellow can also be effective in spells to enhance knowledge, communication skills and to give confidence and aid in visualization. The color yellow aids in repelling negative energy.
Here are the magickal correspondences for the color yellow:
- Element: Air
- Direction: East
- Chakra: Solar Plexus
- Planet: Sun
- Days: Sunday- Mental Action, Wednesday – Pysical Action
- Number: 3
- Magickal Tools: Wand, Sword
- Magickal Forms: Candle, Cloth
- Scent/Essential Oil: Lemon, Frankincense, Bay, Patchouli, Marigold, Lavender, Laurel, Cinnamon Orange Blossoms, Musk, Vanilla, Cloves.
- Plant/Herb: Laurel, Vine, Ash, Rue Marigold, St. Johns Wort, Centaury, Chamomile, Mistletoe, Saffron, Begonia, Geranium, Morning Glory, Snapdragon, Daffodil, Rosemary, Sunflower and Daisy.
- Tree/Wood: Birch, Oak, Rubber
- Animal: Phoenix, Snake, Beetle, Dragonfly, Meadowlark, Chameleon, Antelope, Snake, Crow, Bobcat, Goat, Lion, Mouse, Gull, Sea Lion, Parrot and Oriole.
- Minerals/Stones: Topaz, Yellow Diamond, Pyrite Yellow Jacinth,Rutilated Quartz, Clear Quartz, Chrysolite, Goldstone, Citrine, some Tiger Eye, Carnelian, Amber.
- Tarot Cards: The Sun, Knights, Sixes.
- Gods: Apollo, Janus,
- Goddess: Anu, Brighid, Carna, Diana. Fortuna, Syn,
- Personality: Intellectual, learn, introvert, creative, light-hearted and outgoing.