Here is a listing of the planets and the herbs associated with them:
Sun: Acacia, Ash, Bay, Carnation, Cedar, Chamomile, Cimmamon, Hazel, Heliotrope, Juniper, Marigold, Misteltoe, Oak, Orange, Pam, Peony, Rice, Rosemary, Saffron, Sunflower, Tea, Walnut
Moon: Aloe, Cotton, Dulse, Eucalyptus, Gardenia, Grape, Irish Moss, Jasmine, Lemon, Liiy, Myrrh, Poppy, Potato, Sandalwood, Willow
Mercury Almond, Aspen, Bittersweet, Brazil Nut, Caraway, Clover, Dill, Fennel, Fern, Flax, Lavendar, Mandrake, Marjoram, Mint, Mulberry, Parsley, Pecan, Senna
Venus: Apple, Apricot, Avocado, Barley, Birch, Blackberry, Cherry, Corn, Cowslip, Daffodil, Daisy, Elder, Foxglove, Goldenrod, Iris, Lilac, Magnolia, Oats, Pea, Peach, Plum, Raspberry, Rose, Sugar Cane, Thyme, Vanilla, Violet, Willow
Mars: Allspice, Basil, Briony, Broom, Carrot, Chili Pepper, Dragon’s Blood, Ginger, Holly, Hops, Onion, Pennyroyal, Pine, Reed, Thistle, Woodruff
Jupiter: Anise, Bodhi, Chestnut, Clove, Honeysuckle, Maple, Meadowsweet, Nutmeg, Sage, Witch Grass
Saturn: Amaranth, Beech, Belladonna, Cypress, Elm, Hellebore, Ivy, Lady’s Slipper, Mimosa, Pansy, Patchouli, Tamarisk, Yew
Found at: Magic Spells
- Ruler: Aphrodite / Venus / Mars
- Element: Water
- Planet: Venus
- Type: Spice
- Magickal Form: Ground or whole leaves, Essential Oil
- Magickal Uses: Grieving, Happiness, Love, Money, Protection, Psychic Development, Psychic Protection, Tranquility, Weddings
From the Greek word Eros (mountain) and ganos (joy) it was given the name “joy of the mountain.” The Greeks believed when Marjoram sprung from graves, their loved ones were happy in the after life. In Greek weddings couples wore the herb to symbolize the joyful event.
Perfect as an addition to any herbal love combination, marjoram is sacred to the Goddess Aphrodite. An herb that blends the potent energies of Venus and Mars, marjoram brings strength to the union of marriage. Add marjoram to food to promote love and happiness between family members, and strengthen relationships.
Legend has it that if you anoint yourself with Marjoram before bed, you will dream of your future spouse.
It is a great herb to burn before saying “I love you” to a partner for the first time because it guarantees that these words will be mirrored back.. It is woven into bridal wreaths to bring joy to the marriage. Marjoram should be added to all love charms and sachets.
Burned as an offertory, it promotes spiritual bliss and connection to the Divine. As a symbol of familial love, marjoram sprinkled around the perimeter of the home or grown by the front door protects the inhabitants. Grown in the garden, placed around the house or carried, it shields from evil energies.
When placed inside a coffin with the deceased or grown on top of a grave, this herb is said to deliver the soul safely to the next world. Marjoram brings happiness. When carried by living persons, it cures depression. In case you’re confused about the use for both grieving and happiness, it is meant to restore happiness to the grief-stricken.
Put Marjoram around every room of your house for protection from negativity and evil intent. A bit in each room will aid in protection of the home. Mix it with violets when doing this to protect the family from colds and flu. During the winter make an amulet of marjoram and violets to guard against colds.
More Magickal uses for Marjoram:
- Use it in a bath by placing a mesh bag under the tap water for love and peace.
- Add to money sachets and mixtures.
- Burn it over a burner for help in accepting life changes and for anti-sorcery spells.
- When combined with thyme becomes a powerful spring cleanser.
- Given to a depressed person, marjoram brings happiness.
- Carry it in a sachet to protect against evil.
- Grown in the garden it offers shielding powers against evil.
Information gathered from a variety of sources.
- Magical Purpose: Nature, growth, prosperity, luck, fertility, changes, rejuvenation, jealousy, envy.
- Magickal Uses: Earth magick, Faerie magick, money, luck, fertility, faerie contact, guide contact
The color green promotes prosperity, fertility, success; stimulates rituals for good luck, money, harmony, and rejuvenation.The color of money (at least in the United States), green is the best color to work with to attract wealth. Green is also the color of healing. Use the color green in fertility rites and to open channels for new love or to heal emotional problems. Use dark green with caution, however, because it is the color of ambition, greed, and jealousy; counteracts these influences in a ritual.
Here are the magickal correspondences for the color green:
- Element: Earth
- Direction: North
- Chakra: Fourth, Heart Chakra
- Planets: Venus, Jupiter, Mars
- Days: Friday/Venus – love, friendship; Wednesday/Mercury – business transactions; Thursday/Jupiter- Luck, prosperity
- Number: 4
- Magickal Tools: Wand, Cauldron
- Magickal Forms: Candles, cloth, glitter
- Scent/Essential Oil: Elder, Mint, Musk, Sage, Vanilla, Pine, Sweetpea, Mugwort, Patchouli, Vervain, Cinnamon, Marjoram.
- Plant/Herb: Birch, Catnip, Blackberry, Coltsfoot, Foxglove, Thyme, Yarrow, Feverfew, Burdock, Pennyroyal, Plaintain, Briar, Verbena, Elder, Basil, Cedarwood, Sage, Dill, Clove and Mugwort.
- Tree/Wood: Birch, Elder, Almond, Hawthorn, Fig, Oak, Palm, Pine
- Animal: Gnomes, Dwarves, Fishes, Bee, Bull, Rabbit, Rat, Alligator, Turtle, Grasshopper, Bison, Frog.
- Stones/Minerals: Emerald, Peridot, Jade, Malachite, Coral, Green Tourmaline, Aventurine,Green Quartz, Gold, Silver, Rock Crystal, Onyx, Azurite.
- Tarot Cards: Emperor, Sevens
- Gods: Agathadaimon, Bonus, Daikoku, Eventus, Buddha, Diakoku, Gansea, Inari, Jambhala, Jupiter, Pluto, Tamon
- Goddess: Anna Koun, Anna Perenna, Benten, Brighid, Buddhi, Carna, Chala, Felicitas, Fortuna, janus, Kichijo-Ten, Lakshmi, Ops,The Muses, Vasudhara, Syn
- Personality: Extroverted, happy, optimistic, status, possessive, direct
- Magickal Purpose: The heart’s emotions, creativity, marriage, friendship, beauty, compassion, relationships, kinder, gentler then red
- Magickal Uses: Love, beauty, friendships, partnerships, romance, attraction.
Pink is used in magick when dealing with flirtation and sexuality. It is the best color to work with when trying to attract a new love and for rituals to draw affections because pink promotes romance and friendship. Pink is also a calming and relaxing color and is used to reduce fears. A color of femininity, honor, service, pink brings friendly, lively conversation to the dinner table.
Here are the magickal correspondences for the color pink:
- Element: Fire
- Direction: South
- Chakra: Heart Chakra
- Planet: Venus
- Day: Friday
- Numbers: 0 and 1
- Magickal Tool: Wand, Cauldron
- Magickal Form: Candles, cloth
- Scent/Essential Oil: Sandalwood, Rose, Apple Blossom, Gardenia, Jasmine, Lavender, Ginger Sweetpea, Tuberose, Strawberry, Apricot.
- Plant/Herb: Aztec Lily, Beans, Bishops Weed, Violets, Winter Cherry, Dropwort, Feverfew, Cotton Rose, Basil, Coriander, Crocus, Avocado, Ginseng, Kava-Kava, Ladies Mantle, Yarrow, Yerba Santa, Maidenhair, Allspice, Pennyroyal.
- Tree/Wood: Orange, Olive, Peach, Sycamore, Pink Dogwood
- Animal: Cat, Dove, Sparrow, Deer, Conch, Clam and Oysters.
- Minerals and Stones: Pink Sapphire, Kunzite, Pink Tourmaline, Pink or Rose Quartz, Pink Diamonds, Pink Spinel, Pink Garnet, Ruby, Red Jasper, Emerald, Peridot, Aventurine.
- Tarot Card: The sevens
- God: Amun Ra, Angus, Cupid, Kama
- Goddess: Anat, Aphrodite, Astarte, Belili, Belit-llanit, Benten, Cybele, Erzulie, Hathor, Ishtar, Isis, Venus
- Personality: This person is a romantic at heart. Likes candlelight dinners and movies, always tries to find the good in everything and everybody, very friendly.
- Magickal Purpose: Fire, passion, life, birth, stimulating, intense, highly-charged, will, ego, potential, anger, aggression, lust, war, courage, strength, fear.
- Magickal Uses: Energy, passion in love, courage, lust, power, transformation, loyalty, force, sexuality, blood. May be used with black candles.
Red is the color of lust, passion, and deep abiding love. It is also the color of blood and bonding. Visualize the color red for energy and healing and also for protection. The color red is appropriate for spell work on physical desire and passion, courage, victory, and physical strength. Red stimulates energy and vitality. Its use in magick must be cautiously guarded as it can be very wild and unpredictable, as a candle color, it should be used with caution.
Here are the magickal correspondences for the color red:
- Element: Fire
- Direction: South
- Chakra: Root Chakra
- Planets: Mars, Venus
- Day: Tuesday
- Number: 5
- Magickal Tools: Sword,Cauldron, Incense Burner, Candle
- Scent/Essential oil: Dragons Blood, Basil, Pine, Cinnamon, Mullein, Musk
- Plant/Herb: Sunflower, Nettles, Holy Thistle, Crowfoot, Hops, Wormwood, Cranesbill, Chili Pepper, Chives, Spikenard, Onion, Cornflower, Rose, Mustard, Garlic, Rosemary, Dill, Hibiscus, Woodruff, Tobacco, Pepperwort, Heather and Yew
- Tree/Wood: Redwood, cherry
- Animal: Bear, Horse, Wolf, Ram, Marsupials and night creatures, Tigers, Lions, Badger, Alligator, Ants, Beetle, Cardinal, Porcupine, Chicken, and Peacock.
- Minerals/Stones: Ruby, Garnet, Bloodstone, Spinel, Red Tourmaline, Red Topaz, Agate, Rubelite Rhodochrosite, Quartz Crystals, Tigers Eye, Pyrite, Tektite, Diamond, Red Jasper.
- Tarot Cards: The Magician, Cups, Fives.
- God: Achilles, Ares, Atlas, Hercules, Mars, Thor, Zeus
- Goddess: Athena, Athenam, Eris, Kali, Minerva
- The Personality: Bold, assertive, impulsive, extroverted, passionate, aggressive. There is no in-between for this person, they go from one extreme to the other. But it can be a fantasy ride for anyone who joins them!