- Common names: Thoroughfwort, White Snake Root, Agueweed, Indian Sage
- Scientific name: Eupatorium perfoliatum
- Element: Water
- Planet: Saturn:
- Parts Used: Leaf
Boneset guides ghosts elsewhere, attracting protective, benevolent spirits instead. Boneset may also be used to protect people and animals from “ghost sickness,” the illness that some believe may emerge after extended contact with the dead.
The most potent boneset is found growing on or near graves. Supplement it with white pine for added enhancement.
Hang fresh boneset branches over doorways, or burn young boneset branches and twigs within a cauldron to drive away existing ghosts.
In addition to it’s ghost busting power, boneset opposes unnatural illness and snakes.
To counteract occult poisons they have been fed, folks rub dry boneset leaves all over their body, then take the leaves outdoors and burn them with a holy or purifying incense.
Brew boneset leaf tea and bathe in it to get rid of enemy tricks that have affected your health. Boneset can also be used to purify a sickroom by sprinkling it onto the floor and then sweeping it out the front door.
Burn boneset in an Incense to balance the energies of a space or to ground and focus your energy. Added to an Elixir or Philtre, boneset promotes health. Mixed with angelica and added to the bath, boneset is excellent for ritual cleansings.
From: The Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells
And: Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic and other sources
Ruler: Mars, Saturn
Magickal Form: Whole or ground beans, brewed
Magickal Uses: Energy, Success, Uncrossing
- Sprinkling ground coffee in the four corners of a room, or brewing coffee in the room will make the occupants work harder.
- Add a brewed pot of coffee to the bathwater for energy. It will give you extra stamina and push you to forge ahead and work longer hours. The coffee bath is more beneficial than drinking it because it will not cause undue stress and there is no risk of overdosing.
- Carry whole coffee beans in the pocket for success in love.
- Coffee grounds can be read in the cup the same way as tea leaves.
- Coffee bean husks are highly reputed for use in uncrossing and jinx removing baths.
Collected from various sources
Here is a listing of the planets and the herbs associated with them:
Sun: Acacia, Ash, Bay, Carnation, Cedar, Chamomile, Cimmamon, Hazel, Heliotrope, Juniper, Marigold, Misteltoe, Oak, Orange, Pam, Peony, Rice, Rosemary, Saffron, Sunflower, Tea, Walnut
Moon: Aloe, Cotton, Dulse, Eucalyptus, Gardenia, Grape, Irish Moss, Jasmine, Lemon, Liiy, Myrrh, Poppy, Potato, Sandalwood, Willow
Mercury Almond, Aspen, Bittersweet, Brazil Nut, Caraway, Clover, Dill, Fennel, Fern, Flax, Lavendar, Mandrake, Marjoram, Mint, Mulberry, Parsley, Pecan, Senna
Venus: Apple, Apricot, Avocado, Barley, Birch, Blackberry, Cherry, Corn, Cowslip, Daffodil, Daisy, Elder, Foxglove, Goldenrod, Iris, Lilac, Magnolia, Oats, Pea, Peach, Plum, Raspberry, Rose, Sugar Cane, Thyme, Vanilla, Violet, Willow
Mars: Allspice, Basil, Briony, Broom, Carrot, Chili Pepper, Dragon’s Blood, Ginger, Holly, Hops, Onion, Pennyroyal, Pine, Reed, Thistle, Woodruff
Jupiter: Anise, Bodhi, Chestnut, Clove, Honeysuckle, Maple, Meadowsweet, Nutmeg, Sage, Witch Grass
Saturn: Amaranth, Beech, Belladonna, Cypress, Elm, Hellebore, Ivy, Lady’s Slipper, Mimosa, Pansy, Patchouli, Tamarisk, Yew
Found at: Magic Spells
- Magickal Purpose: Orange’s uses in magic are for breaking spells, promoting personal creativity, increasing memory, healing nervous disorders, controlling runaway emotions, travel, writing, business transactions and obtaining information.
- Magickal Uses: Personal creativity, career, legal issues, business
Orange is a male color. The color orange symbolizes success, energy, spiritual evolution, and creativity. Orange is the color of mental agility, eloquence and speech, health, ambition, personal creativity, balancing business, legal problems, memory and sharing. Orange combines the intellect of yellow with the vitality of red.
Orange’s uses in magic are for breaking spells, promoting personal creativity, increasing memory, healing nervous disorders, controlling runaway emotions, career, legal issues, balance and neutrality, organization, travel, writing, business transactions and obtaining information.
Here are the magickal correspondences for the color Orange:
- Element: Air/Fire
- Direction: East/South
- Chakra: Spleen Chakra
- Planets: Mercury, Mars, Saturn
- Tuesday – Physical Action,
- Wednesday – Mental Action,
- Sunday – Both Actions
- Number: 2
- Magickal tools: Wand and Censer
- Scent/Essential Oil: Dill, Lily of the Valley, Savory, Honeysuckle, Sweetpea, Jasmine
- Plant/Herb: Fern, Lily of the Valley, Marjoram Savory, Valerian, Vervain, Alstonia, Buckwheat, Calamint, Snapdragon, Flax, Senna, Wandering Jew, Mugwort, Rue, the same as the Red and Yellow for enhancements, Fenugreek, Gardenia.
- Tree/Wood: Hazel, Beech, Lemon Tree, Maple, Lime tree, Orange Tree.
- Animal: All of the RED animals, Swallow, Prairie Dog, Butterfly, Scallop, Bison, Butterfly, Catbird, Crane, Fox (clarity), Hawk, Martin, Prairie Dog and Squirrel.
- Minerals/Stones: Moss Agate, Carnelian, Alexandrite, Orange Sapphire, Quartz, Orange Calcite, Petrified Wood
- Tarot Cards: The Eights.
- Gods: Atlas, Janus, Terminus, Pan, Zeus,
- Goddess: Athena, Bast, Carna, Diana, Lilith, Kali, Melusine, Minerva, Rhiannon, Syn
- Personality: Agreeable, extroverted, excitable, sociable
- Magickal Purpose: Absorption, this is why it is used for funerals. Quiet power, self-control, restriction, depression sickness, but new changes, rebirth. Wisdom, Control, Resilience, Discipline. Used to honor the Queen of the Witches, or the dark crone aspect of the goddess.
- Magickal Uses: Banishing negative thoughts and situations, reversing, uncrossing, binding negative forces, releasing, removing confusion, contact with spirits, dark magick, defensive spells (can be used with RED to increase intent).
The color black has a bad reputation and is often associated with evil workings, but the pure color can also be used for concentration, solitude, and deep meditation. The void of all colors, black has the ability to absorb, soak up, internalize, to receive without recoil. Use the color black in rituals to induce a deep meditative state, or to banish evil or negativity as in uncrossing rituals; attracts Saturn energy and is sacred to the goddess Hekate. This is the color of the clergy, and witches use it to cloak themselves and to safeguard their mysteries.
Here are the magickal correspondences for the color black:
- Element: Air, water, fire, earth
- Direction: East, west
- Planet: Saturn
- Day: Saturday
- Number: 6
- Magickal Tools: Sword, Wand
- Scent/Essential Oil: Holly, Juniper, Yew,Myrrh, Cypress, Pine, Apple, Yarrrow,Rowan, Vervain, Peppermint, Basil.
- Plant/Herb: Oak, Yew, Beech, Elm,Comfrey, Holly, Ivy, Horsetail, Reeds,Solomons Seal, Mullein, Cedar, Clove,Cypress, Rue, Betony, Elder, Fern, Yarrow,Cayenne, Dragons Blood, Mandrake, Flax.
- Tree/Wood: Oak, Ash, Aspen, Birch, Hazel,Rowan
- Animal: Bobcat, Dragon, Panther, Raccoon, Rhinoceros, Groundhog, Blackbird, Lynx, Bat, Owl, Jaguar, Praying Mantis.
- Feather: Hidden secrets, changes.
- Minerals/Stones: Onyx, Jet, Obsidian, Black Quartz, Black Star Sapphire, Agate,Tektite, Pyrite, Diamond, Moonstone,Galena, Pumice.
- Tarot Cards: Death, Threes and the Queens
- God: Achilles, Amathaon, Atlas, Cernunnos, Ea, Eterna, Janus, Terminus, Odin, Thoth, Untunktahe
- Goddess: Aradia, Ayizan, Carna, Cerridwen, Circa, Dakinis, Demeter, Diana, Gulleig, Habondia, Hecate, Herodias, Hlle, Kwan Yin, Lilith, Mari, Rangda, Syn
- Personality: Someone who often dwells in his own dark recesses. A loner, but through choice. A strong silent type but someone you don’t want to deal with if crossed. A night person as the darkness seems to be their safe place, their solace and quiet space. The things that make the “black” person unique, has also the tendency to dwell on things and has more bouts of depression than most others. This person tends to keep a lot of secrets.