- Ruler: Venus
- Type: Herb
- Magickal Form: Fresh
Invoke mischief with the chive. It is a great herb to use when action is needed. It stimulates and prods, and although its effects may be uncomfortable, the end results are always positive. Chop and add to salads when you want to stir things up.
The Romani have used chives in fortune telling. Bunches of dried chives hung around a house were believed to ward off disease and evil.
Lore surrounding chives include the tale that they were given to Alexander the Great in Siberia and that they are a powerful aphrodisiac.
From: Encyclopedia of Magickal Ingredients
- Magickal Purpose: Orange’s uses in magic are for breaking spells, promoting personal creativity, increasing memory, healing nervous disorders, controlling runaway emotions, travel, writing, business transactions and obtaining information.
- Magickal Uses: Personal creativity, career, legal issues, business
Orange is a male color. The color orange symbolizes success, energy, spiritual evolution, and creativity. Orange is the color of mental agility, eloquence and speech, health, ambition, personal creativity, balancing business, legal problems, memory and sharing. Orange combines the intellect of yellow with the vitality of red.
Orange’s uses in magic are for breaking spells, promoting personal creativity, increasing memory, healing nervous disorders, controlling runaway emotions, career, legal issues, balance and neutrality, organization, travel, writing, business transactions and obtaining information.
Here are the magickal correspondences for the color Orange:
- Element: Air/Fire
- Direction: East/South
- Chakra: Spleen Chakra
- Planets: Mercury, Mars, Saturn
- Tuesday – Physical Action,
- Wednesday – Mental Action,
- Sunday – Both Actions
- Number: 2
- Magickal tools: Wand and Censer
- Scent/Essential Oil: Dill, Lily of the Valley, Savory, Honeysuckle, Sweetpea, Jasmine
- Plant/Herb: Fern, Lily of the Valley, Marjoram Savory, Valerian, Vervain, Alstonia, Buckwheat, Calamint, Snapdragon, Flax, Senna, Wandering Jew, Mugwort, Rue, the same as the Red and Yellow for enhancements, Fenugreek, Gardenia.
- Tree/Wood: Hazel, Beech, Lemon Tree, Maple, Lime tree, Orange Tree.
- Animal: All of the RED animals, Swallow, Prairie Dog, Butterfly, Scallop, Bison, Butterfly, Catbird, Crane, Fox (clarity), Hawk, Martin, Prairie Dog and Squirrel.
- Minerals/Stones: Moss Agate, Carnelian, Alexandrite, Orange Sapphire, Quartz, Orange Calcite, Petrified Wood
- Tarot Cards: The Eights.
- Gods: Atlas, Janus, Terminus, Pan, Zeus,
- Goddess: Athena, Bast, Carna, Diana, Lilith, Kali, Melusine, Minerva, Rhiannon, Syn
- Personality: Agreeable, extroverted, excitable, sociable