- ALEXANDRITE is a rare and expensive gemstone, when worn it draws luck and good fortune.
- AMBER is the fossilized resin of ancient coniferous trees.It has been used for nearly every purpose in magic. Warm to the touch, it is thought to possess life. Lucky and protective.
- APACHE TEAR, a globule of translucent obsidian, is carried as a good-luck charm.
- AVENTURINE is an all-around luck stone.
- CHALCEDONY, an arrowhead carved of chalcedony is worn or carried for luck.
- CHRYSOPRASE is a lucky stone worn for eloquence, success in new undertakings, and to attract friends.
- COPPER is a lucky metal, perhaps because of its past solar attributions, and so can be used in combination with any luck-bringing gemstones.
- CROSS STONE, a form of andalusite is found in coarse crystals. When broken open or sliced, they display a symmetrical cross pattern of alternating dark and light colors. As with all stones exhibiting unusual shapes or patterns, it is carried for luck.
- L-SHAPED stones are thought to bring good fortune, perhaps because this form suggest the conjunction of the spiritual with the physical. They can be carried as good luck pieces or placed on the altar.
- LEPIDOLITE is a purplish type of mica rich in lithium. It is a beautiful yet fragile mineral, carried to attract good luck to it’s bearer.
- LODESTONE is carried in pairs — one to protect and the other to bring good luck.
- OPAL, due to its flashing colors and beautiful unique appearance, the opal is a luck-bringing stone. The modern idea that the opal is a stone of misfortune, sorrow, and bad luck is untrue and can be traced back to a reference in the novel, Anne of Gierstein by Sir Walter Scott.
- ORANGE stones have some of the fire of red but are gentler in their effects. Protective, they have often been seen as symbols of the Sun and are thought to be luck attracting.
- SARDONYX was at one time engraved with an eagle’s head, set in silver, platinum, or gold, and worn to bring good luck.
- TIN is carried as a good-luck piece and can be shaped into talismans to attract money.
- TURQUOISE like all blue stones, is lucky and is carried to attract good fortune.
Leave a Reply
“Magic is only unexplained science. Science is explained magic. When I study science, I study magic. When I study magic, I study science.” ― C. JoyBell C.