- Basic Powers: To end situations and solve problems.
- Pronunciation: “eye-wawz”
Protection of oneself and one’s rights. When things are out of kilter this rune can help this rune can help set them back in line. However, if it is the runecaster who is out of whack, things suffer for it. This rune can thus be used in conjunction with other runes to keep the magic of the whole within reasonable bounds. It forms a kind of feedback mechanism within talismans and rune magic.
Eihwaz symbolizes the yew tree and is a very powerful rune of banishing and protection. Protection. Increase in power. Removal of obstacles.
Initiation into the wisdom of the World-Tree (the axis of the multiverse). Realization of the death/life mystery and liberation from the fear of death. Development of spiritual endurance and hard will. Spiritual creativity and vision. Protection from detrimental forces. General increase in personal power. Communication between levels of reality. Memories of former existences in the the ancestral stream.
eihwaz eihwaz eihwaz
(iwaz iwaz iwaz)
e e e e e e e e e
[a neutral, closed vowel sound] iwu iwa iwi iwa iwu
iwo iwe iwi iwa iwu
e e e e e e e e e
It can be used in conjunction with the symbol, or chanted while visualizing the symbol. The symbol can be etched into a candle while intoning the chant, and then, as the candle burns, the spell is released and sent.
The Statement of Intent:
Symbol of Yggdrasil
the yew is strong
and holds many worlds within its branches.
It offers much support
to those who grow it.
This is a modern version of the “Rune Poem” that defines this particular rune. It can be used in combination with the chant, and while creating a talisman or spell that uses the power of this rune.
Rune Yoga, or Runic postures are used to anchor the energy of the Rune in your physical body. More about them can be found here: Runic Postures.
Assume the recommended runic posture and sing the name of the rune in a non-exhaustive way that you can feel your body vibrating – in magic literature it is called vibrating. It could be that you can hear overtones clearer as usual during vibrating. Take this as a good sign. You are visualizing the rune with your inner eye, as its form is being represented by your body and the energies are flowing through your body.
Stand with your arms outstretched in front of you at a downward angle, palms facing downward. Balancing on your right leg, bring your left leg up, bent at the knee as shown in the above image.
Before practicing a rune it is recommended to know everything on the powers of the rune you want to practice. The flow of energy is different for each rune, a field of research for your sensitivity.
The hand positions, or mudras are effective only after you have anchored the runes in your own aura and body. They can be made silent and unobtrusive.
Leave a Reply
- Animal Symbols and Archetypes by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Sun Storm and Solar Flare Magick by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Sunstone Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Sunflower Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Solar Eclipses by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Herbs by Gender by shirleytwofeathers - 4 Comments
- Purple Loosestrife Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- Heather Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- Magickal Uses of Mud Dauber Dirt by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- Correspondences for January by shirleytwofeathers - 2 Comments