- Basic Powers: To find lost property, obtain inner guidance and make financial speculations.
- Pronunciation: “pear-throw”
It opens or provides a barrier to the dark forces including the realms of the dead. It confronts us with our weaknesses, our failures, and our regrets. It makes us deal with the question of what we would do if we died now. It is therefore a useful rune of test and attack.
Perthro is a rune of time and change. It rules over secrets and things hidden and is also allied with karmic energies. Evolving your magickal ideas. Use when dealing with investments or speculation. Use for finding lost things. To promote good mental health in healing.
Perception of fate/destiny/karma. Divination. Placing runic forces into the stream of cause and effect. To evolve ideas or events as a magical act.
perthro perthro perthro
pu pa pi pe po
purdh pardh pirdh perdh pordh
po pe pi pa pu
p p p e e e r r r th th th r r r o o o
It can be used in conjunction with the symbol, or chanted while visualizing the symbol. The symbol can be etched into a candle while intoning the chant, and then, as the candle burns, the spell is released and sent.
The Statement of Intent:
In the shelter of the world tree
many great halls have been built.
So that all peoples can go
to be with their patron deity
according to the rules of their faith.
No one can be excluded from the protection of the Tree
save those who exclude themselves
by evil deeds.
This is a modern version of the “Rune Poem” that defines this particular rune. It can be used in combination with the chant, and while creating a talisman or spell that uses the power of this rune.
- Howard, Understanding Runes
- Thorsson, Futhark
- Peschel, A Practical Guide to the Runes
- Cooper, Esoteric Rune Magic
- Image from Deep Earth Arts
Leave a Reply
- Animal Symbols and Archetypes by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Sun Storm and Solar Flare Magick by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Sunstone Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Sunflower Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Solar Eclipses by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Herbs by Gender by shirleytwofeathers - 4 Comments
- Purple Loosestrife Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- Heather Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- Magickal Uses of Mud Dauber Dirt by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- Correspondences for January by shirleytwofeathers - 2 Comments