- Basic Powers: To bring events to culmination.
- Pronunciation: “yare-awe”
Comfort; harmony with others. A symbol of right thoughts and right action leading to right results, a culmination of efforts over a long period of time. It is also good for gardening, farming, having a happy home, and good times. Put Jera over the door of your house on New Year’s Eve. Use indelible ink because the luck is meant to last as long as Jera remains there.
Jera is the rune of the harvest, of rewards arriving at their proper tine. It also governs legalities of all sorts and is useful in all legal matters. Use when a tangible result is expected for an outlay of money, time or effort. Helps to bring events to pass. Helps in legal matters. Fertility.
Fertility, creativity. Peace, harmony. Enlightenment. Realization of the cyclical nature of the multiverse. Realization of the mystery of the omnipresent circumference. Bringing other concepts into material manifestation.
jera jera jera
j j j e e e r r r a a a
j j j j j j j j j
ju ja ji je jo
(jur jar jir jer jor)
j j j e e e r r r a a a
It can be used in conjunction with the symbol, or chanted while visualizing the symbol. The symbol can be etched into a candle while intoning the chant, and then, as the candle burns, the spell is released and sent.
The Statement of Intent:
The sky wolves have retreated;
Sunna warms the land below.
Freyr and Freya have
bestowed upon us a great bounty
for all the folk.
This is a modern version of the “Rune Poem” that defines this particular rune. It can be used in combination with the chant, and while creating a talisman or spell that uses the power of this rune.
Rune Yoga, or Runic postures are used to anchor the energy of the Rune in your physical body. More about them can be found here: Runic Postures.
Assume the recommended runic posture and sing the name of the rune in a non-exhaustive way that you can feel your body vibrating – in magic literature it is called vibrating. It could be that you can hear overtones clearer as usual during vibrating. Take this as a good sign. You are visualizing the rune with your inner eye, as its form is being represented by your body and the energies are flowing through your body.
Stand up straight with your left arm bent, left hand at your waist. Your right arm is brought up to your head. Bend the elbows as shown in the image above.
Before practicing a rune it is recommended to know everything on the powers of the rune you want to practice. The flow of energy is different for each rune, a field of research for your sensitivity.
The hand positions, or mudras are effective only after you have anchored the runes in your own aura and body. They can be made silent and unobtrusive.
Leave a Reply
- Animal Symbols and Archetypes by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Sun Storm and Solar Flare Magick by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Sunstone Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Sunflower Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Solar Eclipses by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Herbs by Gender by shirleytwofeathers - 4 Comments
- Purple Loosestrife Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- Heather Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- Magickal Uses of Mud Dauber Dirt by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- Correspondences for January by shirleytwofeathers - 2 Comments